email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot password for my onetel email address which I ve had for over 15 year. ? Lost server access

Dee0318
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 14

Help please. I need help with old onetel email address. Forgot password and mail server set up details from when had talk talk account years ago. Suddenly my mail  stopped not pushing / fetched onto my iPhone. It’s my main email address. Not sure what’s happened but feels very insecure? 

D
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 14

Hi @Dee0318

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the OneTel email address? You could use the Reset your Password option. Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail if the email is listed there.

Email client settings are here: IMAP and POP3 settings - just scroll down and select OneTel.

If not, just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the OneTel email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the One Tel  email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you right here to help you with setting a new ultra-strong password.  However, because of the Easter holiday that's going to be next Tuesday or Wednesday just to give you a heads-up on the timescale for getting this actioned if you aren't able to use the self-service recovery option.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hiya gondola

thanks for replying to my problem. I am not a current talk talk customer but kept email address when was account had years ago at a rented address. Will fill relevant details as requested, Thanks so 

D
0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi

not very good using forums but replied with details but still not received a call. Concerned account may be compromised and missing emails I need to respond to.

Hhelp thanks!

D
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 14

@Dee0318 wrote: Not very good using forums but replied with details but still not received a call. Concerned account may be compromised and missing emails I need to respond to.

Help thanks!

Hi Dee

I'm getting your email notifications but your posts aren't being published. Have you verified your Community membership email address?

The TalkTalk support team aren't here over Easter but I promise your request is in the workflow and will get attention from Wednesday onwards. Just hang on a bit more.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Ok. Thanks for reply.I did use the problem onetel address which isn’t receiving on my iPhone but ok on old laptop. I think changed and verified a google one also. Will check if need to again. Ok. Will wait withHope solution after Easter. Ta

D
0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hi Dee

You're all good. The Community membership is now fully verified so your posts have appeared.

I'm expecting OCE_Ady to pick this up when he returns on Wednesday and hopefully by Friday you'll be back in action with an ultra-strong password.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Dee0318, I'm sorry to be a real pain, but I really do need the landline number to raise the fault ticket. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi

thanks for responding. Its such a while ago not sure what number was but think cud be this *removed*

thanks

D
0 Likes

Message 10 of 14
Help, Problem with lost server connection since 8/3/18 for my onetel emails ongoing, depend on address for important work. When can I expect that magic phone call to reset password please / solve problem?
D
0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

Thanks Dee0318, I've raised the ticket for you. Onetel mailboxes have to go to the Email Admins to be reset. This means it take a little longer than normal and can take up to 72 hours. Once it's reset you'll get a call with your new password.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Hi

Iam still waiting for someone to help with my onetel email address problems as posted. 

D
0 Likes

Message 13 of 14
Now lost all access to my onetel email account. Keeps asking for log in details to authenticate account. Unable to send, receive mail at all. This is my main primary email address fault since early March. Help requested since before Easter. Is anyone from onetel please able to assist. I need my email access sorted, problem ongoing,
Help from an engineer / tech anyone will be much appreciated.
D
0 Likes

Message 14 of 14

I've sent a chaser to my colleague to get you a call with the new password. It should have been reset by the admins by now. 

0 Likes