email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgot password

joannamc
First Timer
Message 18 of 18

I have forgotten my email password but when I try to reset it opts to email the link to my email address - which clearly I cannot access. It says I can reset via MyAccount but I cannot access this as my husband set up the email address years ago and it doesnt appear in his list for some reason

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

As the process hasn't completed, I've sent a further request. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 18

The request definitely went through and these are very rarely ever not done. If it still isn't done by 9 which is the 24 hours. I'll put in another request.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

mich01
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 18

@joannamc wrote:

I have forgotten my email password but when I try to reset it opts to email the link to my email address - which clearly I cannot access. It says I can reset via MyAccount but I cannot access this as my husband set up the email address years ago and it doesnt appear in his list for some reason

Still no other options to reset password. Any chance you can confirm that this has been requested?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

It won't happen immediately. If you check regularly you'll see when it's been updated. 

Ady

mich01
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 18

Joanna still does not have any way to change her password. The link provided still only shows the option to send reset link to her tiscali email

Message 6 of 18

Hi joannamc 

If the account holder, mich01, has been verified as the registered user of your email address and an internal request has been made to set up password recovery reset details then the Forgotten your password? journey will show these additional options.  Give these a working day to appear. You may need to wait until after this weekend.

Enter your email address, complete the reCAPTCHA security and select Continue.  If there's an alternate email address or mobile number shown that you recognise from the hints, and have access to, then please select one of those to send a password reset.

To safeguard an email address from deletion by the system it must be added to a customer MyAccount. Here's the advice article on  Managing your email in My Account so when you do make a successful password change that's not the end of the story as you need to use the email address and password to add the email address to your current family MyAccount.  See the help page section 'Email not showing in myAccount'.

Let us know if you need more guidance.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

joannamc
First Timer
Message 7 of 18

I have completed the verification twice now

0 Likes

Message 8 of 18

Hi mich01, another secure link.

https://smm.page.link/pe2YWNY3NKgUPzke6

Ady

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Hi mich01, please answer the questions in the below link to enable us to access your account and help with your questions:
 https://smm.page.link/9W4soR6azXzHpRKx8

If you don't have a Telephone Enquiry Password, follow our guide to create one or select the "I don’t have a password" link to answer some different questions. Setting up your telephone password

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Thanks mich01, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

0 Likes

mich01
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 18

Hello @Ady-TalkTalk i am the account holder

Message 12 of 18

Hi joannamc, please ask the account holder to start a topic or join this one so that we can run through the security verification with them. 

Ady

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 18

In post#2, I mentioned that I had removed your email address from public display in another thread.

@joannamcyou must never ever, ever post personal information details on the public forum pages.

If you are asked for further information from staff, they either require a response to a PM, or you can add the information to the Private Notes section of your profile. 

For the latter option, go via your avatar/name; settings; from the drop down menu that starts with "email" choose Personal Information. At the end of that section, find Private Notes.

Enter the information requested by Ady in Private Notes. SAVE CHANGES.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 14 of 18

XXXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 18

Hi joannamc, please provide an alternate email address and mobile number for the Password Reset Tool. 

Ady

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi joannamc, I can help you get the password reset tool updated. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

@joannamc, please stick to just this thread for everything associated with this issue. 

I've removed the email address from your other post, as nothing like that should be displayed on the public forum pages. 

Please go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard for staff to identify your account. 

Not quite clear whether you are having problems accessing My Account as well. Are you the account holder?

ID checks have to be made to make sure staff are dealing with the correct person both for My Account and the email address. 

Staff will be back on here during the day to help you with this.

Hopefully @Gondola will be able to help too.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.