email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten email password, can't recover

CraigACollier
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

I can't recover one of my email accounts. I do not currently have access and cannot remember my password. The address shows up in MY Account, but I cannot change the password without knowing my old password.

Online help just sends me into a never ending loop.

I do not have recovery details set up for the impacted account.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi CraigACollier, to reset the password reset details I need to verify security with you. I've sent you a personal message with a secure link please answer all the questions. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password reset options aren't available. A TT Staff member will verify you as the registered email user and set up Reset details so you can get the password changed.

To proceed, please update your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) to include your name, current landline and mobile contact 'phone numbers and address with postcode (location) then scroll down to Private notes and add the email address and Save changes.

In due course a TalkTalk Community Team member will reply here and then Community Personal Message you to verify you as the mail user; so be prepared to provide on request to TT Staff only:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the email address when first registered OR TalkTalk account security answers
  • Include Reset details - an active alternate email address and (optionally) a mobile number to receive a password reset link or code.

When you're verified the Reset details will be set up within 48 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong, unique to the mailbox and not similar to any password previously used.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 5
@Gondola Thanks for the reply.

Yes the mailbox is there. Looking via a browser (or other saved passwords) won't help me. My problem is I updated my password and must have included a typo in my 'new ' password therefore cannot access or change.
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @CraigACollier 

I assume the email address has a mailbox on the TalkTalk Mail platform?

Do you use a browser to sign in to webmail or an email client like Thunderbird, for example?  I ask because you can usually view a saved password / saved login in the browser and in some email clients. It may save time in getting you access back onto the TalkTalk Mail platform where you can set up your password recovery reset details to get a password change.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer