email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten email password

Daveyb12
Participant
Message 10 of 10

Email password forgotten so wanted to reset, tried and tried they wanted to send reminder to to the

email account I could not access ? ???

DBloomfield
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Dave,  we got no security information from you. Have you sorted this now?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10

Hi Daveyb12 

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery.  You have a mobile number set up for password recovery. Do you recognise the number ending in 6829 as your mobile number?  If so you can send your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know if that's successful.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

Hi Gondola, Still no joy , system always asks you to provide your previous password before you can change to a new one, if the system refuses it you are at a brick wall, where do you go?

either someone altered it i.e. hacker, then you are beaten before you start,

Thank you for the past help you have all given.

Dave Bloomfield

DBloomfield
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 10

Hi Daveyb12, do you still need help with this?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

Hi Daveyb12 

If the mobile number that's currently set for password recovery is not correct then send a PM to Ady-TalkTalk to provide the affected email address, alternate email address and mobile number for password reset tool. Reference this topic: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/Forgotten-email-password/td-p/2797933

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

Hi Daveyb12 

Have you successfully completed the password change? It would be great to have you sign back in to Community to confirm. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Hi Daveyb12 

Have you checked your password recovery options?

Go via the Forgotten password button in the help article  Changing your email password and that will take you to password reset and recovery options.  Do you recognise from the hint your mobile number ending 6829?  You can request a 6-digit code to that mobile to authorise a password reset.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Daveyb12, I can help you get this password reset details updated. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi Daveyb12 

Looks like you failed to set up password recovery options. 

I'll let TalkTalk know that the password recovery options aren't available. A TalkTalk Support member will need to verify you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm your customer account details and or details related to the original registration of the email address.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your Password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.