email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forthcoming Server Change for Ex Pipex Users

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 10 of 10

@Ady-TalkTalk

Following on from my post under “Pipex POP Email Problems” are you in a position yet to provide some further info regarding this change over, in particular are users expected to do anything specific like reconfiguring clients.

I trust our login details (ie. user name and password) will remain current so access to Webmail will operate as usual, but for any “clients” will the change require to user to amend pop and smtp server addresses and/or port numbers.

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're most welcome. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 10

That’s fine, thanks Ady, much appreciated.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

You'll have to register it when your mailbox is migrated. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 4 of 10

@Ady-TalkTalk

Thanks for that, appreciate you are busy so when ever, TT already have my Mobile on record (in My Account) so I take it that will be used as the contact for the ReSet if it's ever required, or do we have to re-register a number elsewhere.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

I'll have to ask what they mean by external accounts for you. The password reset journey exists now for users who set alternate details when they setup the email account. You have to provide alternate contact details I.E another email address and or mobile number via which you will receive the password reset details. We will have no input whatsoever in the reset journey once the new platform is live.

SiHancox
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 10

@Ady-TalkTalk

So just to clarify, for those of us using "Clients" no change on how we connect is being made, so server addresses remain as before, ie. pop.dsl.pipex.com and smtp.dsl.pipex.com (as detailed below).

Screenshot 2019-01-04 at 13.07.27.png

The part that's confusing is "Most TalkTalk Mail users" and "External accounts", could you please explain.

With respect to the resetting of mail passwords I note that will no longer be possible by TalkTalk staff, instead it will either be done a via text reset code or recovery mail (as below).

Screenshot 2019-01-04 at 13.06.58.png

With respect to the Reset code, could you explain how that will work, for example once we have it what do we do and where do we do it!

Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for your time.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

All mail will be serviced by the new platform and associated connectivity. All tried and tested. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

@Ady-TalkTalk if the changes are just to webmail how will this resolve the Pipex POP server problems (accessed via email clients) as I think you once said it finally would ?

Pipex refugee
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi SiHancox, we only provide webmail so the changes will only affect webmail. You won't have to change anything except that if you keep any mail in your trash folder you need to move that if you want to keep it. If you use the calendar you will need to copy down all your entries as the calendar won't be copied across. You will be given a chance to set up an alternate password reset. Other than that you've got the improvements to the way it works and the features that come with it. You'll find this and everything else you need in the Upgrading to the new TalkTalk mail

0 Likes