email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding attachments

NEWbrain11
Popular Poster
Message 16 of 16

Hi. For some reason since the new email system started I have discovered that when forwarding an email with three attachments, only one is showing in the composed email before forwarding. Is it something to do with the type of files that are being sent?

Thanks.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hi NEWbrain11,it's surprising how big an attachment can be. I sent some simple test mails that ended up way bigger than I would have expected them to be. It would be worth checking the size of each when you send it, with the headers added etc. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Thanks. I have sent a single png file and that was ok. I have sent a png and pdf file and they were ok. When I go back to the pdf and 2 png files, I can only forward the pdf file. Its as if the issue is with the three small attachments.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Hi NEWbrain11,

Not sure if you've tried this already but could you try sending a different png file (rather than the two that you've tried already)

Do the png files go OK if you just send one or both of them without the pdf?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

I have tried sending other emails with attachments and the issue seems to arise with png attachments. Pdf and other files get through. The png files are designs/pictures.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi @NEWbrain1  / @NEWbrain11 

Still no problem here.  Forwarded an existing email with 5 attachments - a mix of pdf and png images - and all are received in a gMail email account with 5 separate attachments individually downloadable.

Please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your name, address, current TalkTalk landline 'phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add your email address and save changes. The TalkTalk Community Team OCE will then be able to raise a ticket for your email account to raise this as a fault issue.

NB Please update your NEWbrain11 Community Profile as this is the one escalated for attention. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

0 Likes

NEWbrain1
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 16

I am forwarding to a Gmail account. Clicking on the paper clip shows one attachment that has been downloaded.

0 Likes

NEWbrain1
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 16

I am forwarding to a Gmail account. Clicking on the paper clip shows one attachment.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16

Hi @NEWbrain1  / @NEWbrain11 

Which mail service are you forwarding to?  Some will encapsulate all attachments in one zip file.

Have you clicked on the forwarded attachment paperclip to see what's downloaded?  i.e. see if all three files are downloadable.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Still no joy. The forwarded email shows with the paper clip alongside 1 attachment instead of three.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Thanks. I will try forwarding again.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Hi @NEWbrain1 / @NEWbrain11 

Still cannot fault the forwarding of small png images and a pdf file. But I have noted one issue has been resolved and that's the viewer for pdf files has now been implemented.

Previews for the images and pdf and, here at least, all attachments being forwarded without an issue.

If it's still failing for you then the OCE can raise a fault ticket for the platform admins to investigate your mailbox.

0 Likes

NEWbrain1
Conversation Starter
Message 12 of 16

One pdf file of 716 kb and two PNG files , each 22 kB.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

OK, I'll see if I can replicate here.

What 3 file types are you attaching and what sizes?

0 Likes

NEWbrain1
Conversation Starter
Message 14 of 16

Thanks. I should add that only one of three attachments is showing in the email to be forwarded and only one is being received by an email address as a test.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @NEWbrain11 

All attachments that are added to an email whether sent or forwarded are shown in the attachments list. If you select the preview icon then currently you'll see a preview for images but no preview for other documents.  The project team haven't yet added preview facilities for other files even though the product pages might seem to indicate otherwise.

Would you like to raise this as an issue for the email project team?  Which file types would you wish to preview?  e.g. txt files, pdf's, spreadsheet, presentation?

0 Likes