email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Functions not available

acecarriers
Participant
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I recently moved house and moved into a FTTP only area so I ordered a new Future Fibre package. The TalkTalk staff I was ordering on the phone with said I would have to open a new account for the process to work and they said they would also migrate our 5 old Tiscali email addresses to the new account. However looking at the new account, the "Manage TalkTalk Mail" page is displaying "Functions not available". The email addresses disappeared from the old account as soon as we ordered the new package. So I would like to check if my email addresses have been linked up to our new TalkTalk Account and confirm we will not lose them and if there is a way to fix the "Functions not available" message on the account if possible

Many Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

You're very welcome to any and all help I can offer.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 9

Hi Ady,

That's perfect, thank you! Always a great help as usual

Many Thanks

Message 3 of 9

I've added the 5 emails for you now. They don't get migrated you have to add them manually and they have to be removed from the old account first so you couldn't have done it yourself. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 9

Hi Ady,

I've put the 5 tiscali emails in my private notes to be added. Does this mean none of them were migrated over? Thank you for helping me out with this

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for confirming the security information. I can add the email addresses you want adding. Please add them to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Ady

Message 6 of 9

Hi acecarriers, Gondola is right. If you want to me make sure your mailboxes are added to your new account provide the answers to the questions in my personal message. 

Ady

Message 7 of 9

Hi Gondola,

Thank you very much for the quick reply. This all makes sense with it not being implemented yet. I'm mainly worried about making sure the email addresses aren't orphaned and are linked up with the new account because I've heard they can be deleted after a year if they are. So if you could double check with TalkTalk support that would be great thank you

Many Thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi acecarriers 

The Future Fibre MyAccount doesn't offer the management of your mailboxes and that's why you see the yellow banner message 'Functions not available'.

However, the team would appear to have migrated your mailboxes from the former MyAccount to the new MyAccount. The Change password option that you had in the former MyAccount can be achieved via the Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password as that will take you to password reset and recovery. So long as you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password change / reset.

The feature that is missing for Full Fibre customers, for the time being, is the inability to create a new talktalk.net address.  The 'Functions not available' message will go when the full set of TalkTalk Mail functions become available. No timescale given for this though.

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to double check for you but so long as you don't get an error message when trying the password change journey to review the password recovery hints then all should be ok.  If you do need to update password recovery Reset details then this is via the mailbox webmail login and the main settings menu where you'll see an Update your reset details menu item.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes