email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Genuine TT email or scam ?

Centaur
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 3

I have received an email dated 20/5/2019 which appears tocome from an email address :

(refund 31440@talktalk.net which invites me  to :

GET YOUR REFUND

We're contacting you to tell you the cost of your service will be changing from 15th May 2019. Even though some of the costs are going down, your package will not alter.

Your account balance is currently in credit. Follow the button toprocess your credit.

There is a 'Get your refund' button under.

Can this possibly be genuine ?
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 3

Hi @Centaur 

Yes, a scam. Reported on TalkTalk Service Status in the Security Updates section.

We're aware that a number of customers have received an email appearing to be from TalkTalk, with details about claiming a refund. This is a phishing email and it's not genuine. Please do not follow any of the links in the email. 

We take your security very seriously, so if you've received an email pretending to be from TalkTalk or another business, please report it to us. You can find more information in our guide about recent phishing emails where there's an example of the scam email.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Centaur
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 3
Apologies, have just found this elsewhere on the forum and added it there. Please ignore this.
0 Likes