email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting 'Not Secure' message on email page

ancientbird
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

I have noticed I am getting the message 'Not Secure' on my email page when I open some emails. The web address has a padlock when I load the page but goes to that message when I look at a message, but not with all emails. What would be the cause of this? A couple of examples are emails from Snapfish and Holland & Barrett companies.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Nice work Gondola. Thanks for your support. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

ancientbird
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 7

OK, thank you for that reply

Message 3 of 7

Not quite.

Access to all of your TalkTalk mail messages via TalkTalk Mail (webmail) is secure.

When you first get an indicator of mixed content it means that something on the webpage has been delivered from an insecure website. That could be an advertising image on the page or an image displayed in the email content.

Even when you select another email the indicator will still be present. The indicator will not change status until the browser is refreshed and the new content is all delivered securely.

Use the indicator as an advisory notification that alerts you to the insecure content but doesn't indicate that there's an actual risk.  To manage any potential risk do keep your real time Internet security, like TalkTalk Online Defence, fully active and updated.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 4 of 7

So it doesn't mean all my TalkTalk emails are not secure, just the one I'm looking at?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi ancientbird, hopefully Gondola's helped you understand the situation. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @ancientbird 

The browser will flag up a notification that the webpage contains mixed content. That's content that's fully secure such as the TalkTalk Mail webpage using a secure https connection but where added content, such as images in advertising or emails themselves are loaded via an insecure http connection.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer