email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error and sign in prompt for gmail in outlook

jadebarton36
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 5

Anyone know what issue  is

I have an additional  gmail account in outlook

Since last night tiscalu emails  fine but gmail in outlook getting a sign in, server error so cant receive gmails. 

Gmail online and via phone all fine though. Just outlook. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

If the email address is a gmail.com address then the fall back option is to sign in to your Gmail account either via a browser or the Gmail app.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

jadebarton36
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 5

Hi i went through process with Google  and it all seemed to then work. 

Ive tried to send an email  this morning from Gmail  in outlook  and its asking for my password again. Which i dont know as they said dont have to remember  it. Arghhh any further advice.? This is my work email  address so really need to be able to use it. 

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi jadebarton36, it looks like you've had all the advice you need from Gondola. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi jadebarton36 

Gmail are introducing greater sign in security for non-Gmail applications deemed less secure than Gmail requires.

You will need to review the Gmail help pages to follow the advice to generate and use a special application password in place of the normal email password. Here's the Gmail advice on using a special application password and you'll note that there are other options suggested by Gmail. Just choose the one that's best for your use of Gmail.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes