email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Glitches with my tiscali mail

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 26 of 26

For the last few days I have had problems with my mail. When I log in I get a Restore Application notification saying that the item(s) were still open when I exited mail and given a choice to continue or discard. 

In addition when composing a new message or a reply it quite often has gone to a " there is a problem with this page try the "refresh" button below, and clicking that gets me back to the message after about 6 to 10 seconds.

Anyone else having similar issues, or just me?

Regards

25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi @Mick777 are you just saying "me too" because it's a similar or the same symptom? Where are your screenshots so we can see what you see?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

Mick777
First Timer
Message 22 of 26

I have a tiscali webmail account with TalkTalk and last few days the page crashes after a few minutes and I'm asked to reload. This happens with both Chrome and Edge browsers. No other problems with laptop or other websites.

Message 23 of 26

If you have a look at the blue header you'll see an indication there e.g. 'Compose' if there's an unfinished email before you sign out of the app suite / TalkTalk Mail. If the computer was inadvertently crashing and there was an activity still open then the first you'd know about that would be when you sign in again and you see the 'Unfinished' error message.

Stay in touch and take screenshots so we can help you figure out what's happening. 

td123
Whizz Kid
Message 24 of 26

@Gondola 

Thanks for the reply. The glitch with the Restore App is that the emails had been sent and already appeared in my "sent" folder and all activity was definitely finished.

Yes, I did wonder if the "refresh" might be a problem with the Edge (Chromium version) browser... but it doesn't seem to have issues with any other website opened, just the tiscali.co.uk mail.

I will continue to monitior.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 25 of 26

Hi @td123 

The Restore Applications message is a normal function of TalkTalk Mail when the application suite is closed down but there's unfinished activity such as a mail message composed but not sent.

Restore applications login message.png

I don't recognise the error message "there is a problem with this page try the "refresh" button below" as being an error issued by TalkTalk Mail so I'd initially suspect a browser problem but maybe caused by an incompatible extension.

Screenshot the message when it happens and upload here so we can discuss further.

If your computer is crashing or there's some incompatible activity such as the deletion of session cookies by an over enthusiastic tracker or ad blocker then we need to troubleshoot that with you.