email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - Out of Office not working

lcrjames
Chat Champion
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I never had a problem with the old webmail and setting up Out of Office automatic replies, but since the webmail switched to the new system, it seams very inconsistent!

I set it up on the new webmail for the first time a week ago and checked it worked by sending a few test emails from my other email accounts, I eventually got it working. Today I checked to see if it was still working as it is set to work until 25/3/19, but I am not receiving any out of office replies whatsoever from the 3 none talktalk email addresses that I have tried!

Can someone please help? Thanks.

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

My tests match yours. I've raised this internally as the team at OX have confirmed it's working on their side of the connection. I'll post back once I get more. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 24

Hi lcrjames, I've had word whilst on leave that OX have now fixed the problems with this and completed testing. I've also tested successfully. I'll try again now and post back with my results. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk any news yet since your last message dated 12-04-2019 06:42 AM? Please update me. It has been over a month since I reported this problem. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Hi @GERRY1939 

If you'd like to log this as an issue for your email account then do please start your own topic in the email forum as a way of tracking this for you.

Just to say that Out of Office / Vacation Notice and Auto forwarding delays appear to be part of the same issue.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24
Also cannot set up "Auto Reply" on new "upgraded" webmail. How difficult is it to sort out when it was available on the old set up?

Gerry
0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi lcrjames, our mail provider has opened a fault ticket for this issue. I'm afraid it's still being investigated. As soon as I have more I'll let you know. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 24

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Ady-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk 

Any news since your last reply on Monday?

I sent a test email 3 hours ago and have not received the automatic out of the office reply!

This problem really is frustrating and needs to be fixed ASAP, I use automatic reply a lot when I am out of the office. To remind you, there was never a problem with the old webmail system and automatic out of office replies!

I have had this problem for over 4 weeks now! Please push this problem to be resolved ASAP! Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi lcrjames,

Just to advise, we're still awaiting an update on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi @lcrjames 

Looks like the new TalkTalk Mail Out of Office / Vacation Notice (as well as Auto forwarding) is now working pretty promptly, as it should.

How is it for you?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 24

@Ady-TalkTalk  please keep me updated! Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi lcrjames, this has been raised to our mail provider who are aware of the problem. Unfortunately, it's only been reported by yourself and us so it's a low priority issue at the moment. That said they are working on getting it fixed as soon as they can. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

@Gondola  thanks

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Ady-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk  guys we need to get this fixed ASAP, it's been circa 3 weeks now this problem has been effecting me, reported 2 weeks ago, it seriously shouldn't be hard for someone in your IT department to sort this out today!!

0 Likes

Message 13 of 24

Hi,

Apologies, we're still looking into this and will let you know as soon as we know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

...Hmm, auto-forwarded emails received by recipients after 6 hours. So, not fixed. No change.

I'll stay on the case for you...

0 Likes

Message 15 of 24

Hi @lcrjames 

I've pushed in another alert to the TalkTalk Community support team for you.

I thought Ady had been advised that the issue was fixed as regards Out of office and Auto forwarded emails. But I checked just before midday and the recipient emails are still awaiting receipt some 5 hours later.

I'll let you know if any do arrive.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

This needs to be looked at and sorted once and for all... Yesterday I set up an out of office automatic response and sent a test email. It took 8, YES EIGHT hours to receive the out of office reply!! Today it's not working either and it's been longer than 8 hours now. This is simply not good enough talk talk!!! 

The old webmail system did not have this problem, and neither should this "improved" one either!

Please fix this problem ASAP. I look forward to your response.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 24

Hi lcrjames, I've just tested this on my own account and it's not working in any of my tests. I've sent another message over to the email admins to look into this for us. As soon as we hear back we'll post back to let you know. 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 24

Hi Chris,

Please let me know once the problem is fixed. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

Hi lcrjames,

We will pass on your comments to the relevant team

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 24

@Gondola  Yeah I already set that option to 1 email per sender per day! The old system was better, because you could chose to have the auto out of office reply sent to every email received, i.e. if someone sent an email in the morning and then one later in the day they would receive 2 out of office emails!

I have checked and all the out of office emails have been received, however on average it has taken circa 3 hours! This is not good enough, it should be instant, that is the whole point, otherwise people could think you have read their email and just sent a fake "out of office" reply 3 hours later to delay responding to their email!

The old webmail mail never had this problem. Can Talk Talk please fix this problem?

Also can TalkTalk give back the option to have an auto out of office reply sent to every email received as opposed to just 1 per day

Please confirm TalkTalk! Thank you.

0 Likes