email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP

Bravo Romeo
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 13

W2hat do I have to do to get some actual help about my account?

20 minutes and 10 open tabs later, and I am stuck in a perpetual circle of clicking 'help' and 'contact us' tabs and being sent back to the start

Meanwhile I am trying to send an e-mail before people go home and it is being bounced back.*

*And no, I have not exceeded my quota for the day, file size etc etc/

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

Hi @Bravo Romeo 

If your mailbox is on the TalkTalk Mail platform use the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail  to check the password is working.

Compose your message and carefully check the recipient's email address. If the send fails let us know what the full error message is.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 3 of 13
Yep. signed in, can't send e-mails.... tried the 'help', goes round in circles, deliberately in my view...
0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

...and the displayed error message is?

Message 5 of 13
The error message isn't showing up now, but the delay means I couldn't send my e-mail before business closing today so I have basically missed another day trying to book something.

This is the third day in a row this has happened.

I am paying for this service and I want a permanent solution.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 13
I don't have a copy of it now, I wasn't expecting to have to retain it for 2 1/2 hours.
@Gondola do you work for Talk Talk or are you just doing this out of the goodness of your heart?
0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Bravo Romeo 

Everything I do is out of the goodness of my heart.

Welcome again to the TalkTalk Community. Community is the part of TalkTalk that offers member to member Help & Support for TalkTalk Consumer customers and I'm just a volunteer here.

We can call on TalkTalk Help and Support. So, to link this topic to your TalkTalk MailPlus service please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (Click here):

Your name, current landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail 

Compose your message and send to the same mailbox email address that you are signed in to. Check the mail message does send and is copied into the Sent objects folder.  Then that the message appears in and stays in the Inbox.

If the send fails let us know what the full error message is.

Message 8 of 13
Well thank you.

The fact remains that I am paying Talk talk for a service, so they should sort it out when it doesn't work, and that they should sort out their 'help' system so it doesn't go round in circles. They know this, it's a con to avoid having to taker responsibility.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 13
They know this information, I have an account with them. This is just wasting my time.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

@Bravo Romeo wrote: They know this information, I have an account with them. This is just wasting my time.

Your Community profile is indicating 20% complete. So, just wondering, how should the TalkTalk staff member that picks this topic up in the morning link it to you and your TalkTalk MailPlus service, assuming you're still with Virgin Media for broadband? 

If you have broadband with TalkTalk now then at the very least add your landline 'phone number to your Community profile.

As my offer of help is wasting your time I'll leave it to you and TalkTalk.

Message 11 of 13
Thank you for your help... you are not wasting my time, Talk Talk are wasting both yours and mine.

They're the ones who take the money, they should also take the responsibility. As long as other people sort out their problems they won't bother, and they won't sort out the primary issues, such as the fact their website send people round in circles.
0 Likes

Message 12 of 13

@Bravo Romeo, when staff reach this thread, the first thing that they will ask is that you complete your community forum profile details, as @Gondola has instructed. 

They have no other means of identifying your account. You will be one step further on the road to getting the issue resolved if you do this now, so staff can look into things immediately when they reach your thread. Otherwise it might take a further day to get back to you to follow up. You might as well get ahead with this stage of the process. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 13 of 13

Hi Bravo Romeo, I can see you're very frustrated at the lack of help. The other members are trying to help, I'd like to help, to help I'll have to ask you questions. 

When you login to webmail do you get straight in and can you see your inbox? Are you able to send a mail to and from your affected address in webmail? Have you tried opening webmail in a different browser if webmail is the part that's not working? If the email address you're having problems with is the one that you registered on the community with there are no restrictions on that mailbox. If not please update your community profile and add the affected mailbox address in the private notes section of your profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes