email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked Tiscali Account

LauraAnnie
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Hi 

I have a very old tiscali email account that has been hacked. They have changed the password so I can no longer access the account. I am not a talk talk customer and the live chat were unable to help. I can see the previous posts have shown others in the exact same situation and you have been able to help. I would like to be able to regain access to the account and then have it deleted. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

That's great, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

All sorted! Phone call came the same day and the person I spoke to was very helpful and fixed it straight away.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7

Hi Laura, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call from Amii later today. Please let us know how you get on.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Laura

The mailer-daemon bounceback error messages are an indication that your email address is being spoofed by spammers to lend credibility to their spam or scam emails. The system has inevitably detected that spoofing and has locked your account as a security precaution.

Fortunately spammers fairly quickly give up on spoofing any email address so account / password recovery should restore everything nicely. But if you don't need the account or any of its contents or want to risk it being spoofed in future then going straight to suspension is a good choice.

You'll get the TalkTalk Community Team response here from Monday onwards.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

I have been using the email address so it isn't inactive. In the past week I've been receiving emails from 'mail daemon' which I have deleted straight away and now when I try to log on it says that the password has been changed. I set up the account 15+ years ago so I can't try any of the password reset options and I have never been a talk talk customer so I can't set up an account.

I have updated my information in the personal notes section as requested. My preference would be for the account to be suspended and then deleted. 

Thanks

Laura

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @LauraAnnie

Have you been using the tiscali account until recently? The reason for asking is that accounts are suspended if there's no active login for 180 days.  That would then appear as if the password has been changed.  It's unlikely that anyone getting access to just your email account can change the password.

Not being able to log in to your email account may be because the email system has detected a weak password or a compromised email account and changed the password or locked the account to help secure customer data.

Have you previously set up password recovery for the email address with an alternate email and mobile number? You could try the Reset your Password option. Other than the reset to the account itself, if there are alternates listed, see if you recognise them from the hints.

Or if you're a TalkTalk broadband customer or recent customer you can change your email password in MyAccount > My Services > Webmail - Manage Webmail, if the email is listed in one of the 5 email address slots.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number and Full postal address linked to the tiscali email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when available in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and they don't accept call backs)
  • Save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.  If you confirm you'd like the account to remain suspended or be recovered to enable you to download emails and then be suspended pending automatic deletion that would be good.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes