email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked account

organic
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

I am getting email from me to me asking for money so I belevie my account has been hacked they did show an old pass word I used a few years ago. Can some kind person suspend my account obscured for customer security I am off shore at this time and working night so not be able to sort it out till I get home at the end of next week.

Thanks

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi organic

I've passed this over to our network team to have the password reset, please note this is probably going to take at least 72 hours

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Just change the password please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi organic

The Community profile has certainly been updated.  Would you like a password change or the suspension as you originally requested?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Me think done it but WIFI out here is so slow keeps kicking me off saying took to long to respon.

If not done will have to wait till next week when me home

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi @organic

As we're waiting on you to update your Community Personal Information with the pipex email ownership details the matter of getting a new secure password or suspending the account is entirely in your hands. 

Only the pipex email admins can change your password for you.  Perhaps it would be best to wait until you're back onshore and you can update the Private Notes with your mobile number and the days and times when you'll be available to take the call, run through security and receive the new password.

Let us know how you'd like this to play out, timewise, and when you update your Community Personal Information and whether it's for a new password or for suspension pending full contents deletion after 180 days of non-use.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hi

If not to late can you please hold off on suspending it as a lot of problem is the WIFI out here being so slow on the oil rig. 

I have managed to get into my account out here and it is an old pass word not the one I use.

Can you point me in the direction to change my password as not find it o pipex web mail?

Thanks

Organic.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 9

Hi @organic

Just to follow up on Divsec's advice, it looks like almost all the blackmail scam emails simply spoof the sending email address and invent the fake allegations together with an old password from another website.  Stay calm, don't worry and above all don't respond in any way. 

It's unlikely that your pipex email account was used but you can certainly choose to put the account into suspension pending auto-deletion after 180 days of non-use.

You'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email with 5 items of personal data that only you would know. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page (To which only you and authorised TalkTalk Community Team UK staff have access):

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call next week just in case the security team need to contact you
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated by Divsec to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. An OCE will reply here to help from Monday onwards with info about authorising the account suspension by the pipex email admins.

Divsec
Community Star
Message 8 of 9
Hi Organic, I've flagged this for OCE assistance. They work office hours so it should be actioned tomorrow. In the meantime please check your community profile and add your landline phone number if necessary. I think I saw your post duplicated so will remove the dupe.
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes