email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked talktalk email

Gloria5
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

For the last week I have not been receiving any of my talktalk emails I can send but not received any only this morning a received an email to my talktalk email from a hacker saying he has been tracking my mail for the last three months and claiming I have been on sites and viewing me on web cam I do not have a web cam can you help Mike

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 7

Hi Gloria5, did you follow Gondola's advice and if you did, did you find mail filters or forwards to eliminate the possibility of a hacker diverting your mail? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 7

Hi Gloria5 (Mike)

How are you getting on?

We appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 3 of 7

@Gondola  I entirely agree that not getting emails needs to be addressed in the manner you have outlined urgently. I was just saying that this type of email is often spam and may be merely a coincidence and unconnected to the loss of emails. 

Pipex refugee

Message 4 of 7

Hi Steve, whilst there are criminal gangs sending extortion emails to discovered email addresses on the basis of only knowing an email address, in this case Gloria5 (Mike) has not received any mail for a week so we need to get her/him back in control. 

stevesurrey
Insightful One
Message 5 of 7

That email from the "hacker" could easily just be spam. I get them quite often to one of my email addresses which is heavily spammed (but not to any other of my addresses). I don't have a webcam either so how can their claims be true!

Pipex refugee
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi Gloria5 

The symptoms indicate that your mail messages have been diverted for the last week so that means the password has been discovered and Filter Rules set up to redirect incoming mail messages.

So, first, you need to scan your email devices for viruses, trojans and other malware that could be capturing your password. Then in TalkTalk Mail, check and update your password recovery reset details, remove all Filter Rules and Auto forward, then upgrade to a new unique and ultra strong password.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

• Select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
  • Select Update your reset details
  • Update and save and come back here
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
  • To delete a Filter rule, select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the Filter rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • Confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password

will take you to password reset and recovery.  If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints as your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let us know the outcome.