email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hacked

TilleyTheDog
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hello, my account has been hacked and I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to sign into anything else and the support number only work if I have an contract with talktalk, which I don't anymore. Where can I get help to delete the email address?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi TilleyTheDog, Gondola has given you great advice. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi TilleyTheDog 

In my opinion post is the best method because you have this in your total control and it offers the means to provide a written request detailing the email address, the registered account holder's name at the time of creating the email address, the registered home address and 'phone number alongside copies of things like Driving Licence / Council Tax to prove who you are and your current address.

The GDPR help page says "You can submit your request in a way that suits you." Which means you can use any of the contact methods to make the initial request. Bear in mind that the Data Protection team work normal office hours 9-5 on a standard working week Monday-Friday.

LiveChat to TalkTalk Support is here:  Our LiveChat team.  Wait for the light blue Chat now button to appear; It's grey or clear when busy or offline.

Opening hours are here:  When to contact TalkTalk?

TIP - Pause tracker blocking in the browser, ad-blockers and similar blocking software to avoid conflict with LiveChat's operation.

Calls to Customer Services on 0345 172 0088 are free from a TalkTalk home 'phone but otherwise are at a standard landline call rate.

For calls to Customer Service agents from a mobile, use 0203 441 5550.  TalkTalk also supports the Text Relay Service: It's 18001 then 0345 172 0088.

Or you can wait for TalkTalk Support to pick up this topic from Tuesday onwards. They'll need to verify that you are the registered user of the email address based upon the replies you give to a Community Personal Message that will follow on from their reply here.  If they are able to verify your personal details linking you to the email address then a deletion request can be made on your behalf to the Data Protection team.

If you'd like to prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Current home 'phone number

Alternative mobile contact number. Full current address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and former account number if known along with the account holder name, address and 'phone number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Thank you Gondola,

I've had a look and cannot find anywhere to contact the Data Protection Team apart from via post.

Is this the only method of contact? Further help would be appreciated 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi TilleyTheDog 

As you're not a TalkTalk Consumer customer and don't have an active MyAccount then the self help email deletion via MyAccount isn't available to you.

But you still do have access to the TalkTalk Data Protection Team.  
 Understanding your data rights (GDPR).  Your Right to Erasure is the relevant section for the DP Team to take your instruction to delete the email address and mailbox.

Bear in mind they'll need sufficient proof that you are the registered user of the email address. Proof of who you are and a postal address and 'phone number to link you to the initial registration of the email address. This is just to make sure they're not deleting an email address registered to someone else.

Let us know how you get on. You should receive written confirmation to your home postal address normally within 2 weeks but allowing up to 30 days.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes