email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help-cannot access Tiscali email.

Fedup1232
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

I have had problems accessing my Tiscali email since yesterday. When I try and access it via webmail, I get "Connection Error: Service is not available right now: Try again"

Please can an OCE or someone else help.

This is my main email account, and I need to access it urgently.

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

The free version of Kaspersky doesn't protect Internet sites anyway and works through Chrome only.

Just in case it's having an effect I suggest downloading Firefox for Android. Use Firefox to sign in to TalkTalk Mail. The login may suggest the browser is not supported but proceed anyway.

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Does that get you signed in ok?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 10

Hi @Gondola  and @Ady-TalkTalk 

Thanks for your advice.

However I am not tech savvy at all as I mentioned. I only have the free version of Kaspersky - I can't see how to add TT as a website exclusion -sorry to be so stupid 😞

Can anyone help?

Still no access to my tiscali email.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hi Fedup1232, it looks like Gondola has got this sorted for you. 

Please let us know how you get on once you've followed the advice. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 10

Ah, there's the answer.

Kaspersky is known to block or hold up access to apps.talktalk.co.uk so this needs to be added to Kaspersky as a website exclusion. 

Seeing an error message in the help page Problems with TalkTalk Mail explains. 

Message 6 of 10
Hi @Gondola
Android version 7
Speedtester came back with 19 mbs
Kaspersky security
Have just been able to access some TT mail via Gmail for the first time for 24 hours, but still no access directly via webmail.
I am not very techsavvy, so trusted TT' 's tech dept when I rang in 😂
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi Fedup1232 

I've tried several times with sign out sign in to TalkTalk Mail via both Chrome and Firefox browsers installed on my android mobile and I cannot replicate the issue. They get signed in promptly every time.

So I think you're being fobbed off by the TalkTalk agent.  If there's a fault stopping everyone from loading webmail on their phones we'd be inundated with enquiries.

What android version is your phone running? Needs to be version 5 or higher.

Your phone could be running slow because there are too many apps running. So remove any unwanted apps, Power off the phone by pressing and holding the power button to get to the power off.  Then power on and launch the chrome browser.

Access the speedtester fast.com by entering fast.com into the chrome address bar.  What does it say your Internet speed is?

If you have an anti-virus software running what software is that?  Temporarily pause that from running.

Retry the TalkTalk Mail sign in.

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Message 8 of 10

Thanks @Gondola 

Yes, that is the screen I am seeing, but I am accessing it via my android phone, not a computer ( don't have one 😂 )

I contacted TT via chat, yesterday, after posting, and was told it was a known issue at TT's end which would be resolved- but still no resolution as of now.

Can anyone help further?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @Fedup1232 

If you're seeing this blue screen:

Error - Connection error

...it means that your computer is slow to access the TalkTalk Mail interface. There's a six second window to make the connection.

So, something is slowing the computer down. Windows updates, uploading a backup and Internet scanning by anti-virus software are the three most common issues.

Often waiting a bit for the initial computer loading and housekeeping to finish and you'll get in to TalkTalk Mail straight away.

Disabling uploads or device scanning will prove if it's either of those issues holding up access.