email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Hacking - Need to change Pipex email address password

dan19ini
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

Hi - i have a number of Pipex email addresses: @dsl.pipex.com. I urgently need to change the passwords as i believe that at least one of them as been hacked. I cannot seem to find a mailbox management page where i can do this (perhaps because Pipex has disappeared into TalkTalk).

Please can someone advise/help urgently!

Thanks!

APHM
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

Hi dan19ni, for now the only way to get a new password is to go through this process. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 27

Thank you. Certainly if the email administrator can suggest a way that i can change them myself in the future (if requred) then that would be great too. I will chase on Monday. Cheers and thank you. 

APHM
0 Likes

Message 23 of 27

Hi dan19ini, I've raised the fault ticket for you. Pipex mailbox password resets have to be done by the email admins. This means they can take up to 5 working days to be completed. Please chase me on Monday for updates. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 27

Hi dan19ini

The pipex email admin team will, upon verification of your details, be authorised to change the passwords for you to secure your email accounts.

To the best of my knowledge, with the current platforms, you need to have previously set up and have an active password recovery method or have added the emails to a TalkTalk customer account to be able to change the passwords.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 25 of 27

Thank you. V hope you can help. I understand that these email boxes are 'orphaned' but still hope that somehow i can get to a page where i can change the passwords for all of them (not only the master email box). 

APHM
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 26 of 27

Hi @dan19ini

There's a requirement to verify you're the owner of the email addresses with 5 items of personal data.

I think you may have done this, but just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email addresses affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the pipex email addresses when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email addresses when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email addresses. The email expert will reply here to help with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes