email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Hacking - Need to change Pipex email address password

ThosA
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

Same situation. Please put me in touch with assistance team.

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi ThosA,

As iefbr14 has said the scammers don't need the password to send the email but changing the password is always wise. 

Chris

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 18

Hackers (or anyone else) don't need your password to send you emails.

Changing passwords is always a good security measure but it won't stop scam or spam emails.

If these email are blackmail attempts they should be reported to Action Fraud.

Scammers/spammers will normally move on after a while - providing you do not respond in any way (and definitely not even a polite "go away").

0 Likes

Message 3 of 18

Thanks for asking. Passwords reset and emails working. I still need to reset password for login to 'My Account' as that failed. Disturbingly another email from hackers received since email passwords reset so would still like Chris or colleague to call back to discuss please.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 18

Hi ThosA,

How are you getting on, did you get the call from Chris?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 18
Thanks
0 Likes

Message 6 of 18

I'll drop him a mail. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 18

Yes he has thanks. Email now working on WebMail and using Thunderbird (preferred) client. Small problem that Thunderbird now no longer seems to remember passwords after reloading. Cannot log into TalkTalk My Account now with e-mail or alias (usual) with new password. Was expecting further call from Chris earlier. Please remind!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 18

I believe that Chris has been in touch and given you your new passwords. If you need anything else please let us know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 18

Thanks - will do

0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

I'm sorry about that. I know that Ranadheer tried to get hold of you. I've asked Chris to give you a call today with your new passwords. Please let me know if you haven't heard by 11. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 18

Have not been able to log in to emails for couple of days but still no call to give me new passwords. Help please!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Hi ThosA, I've sent a chaser for you. These should all be reset by now. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 18

@Ady-TalkTalk wrote:

Hopefully, it won't take too long. As soon as you can't log in anymore let me know as that means they've changed the password and I'll chase my colleagues to give you a call. 

It's now one week since the extortion demand and several more emails (not opened) titled 'Delete Message After Reading' apparently from the hackers - but nothing heard from TalkTalk /Pipex. Could you please chase strongly?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Hopefully, it won't take too long. As soon as you can't log in anymore let me know as that means they've changed the password and I'll chase my colleagues to give you a call. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 18
Thanks for quick response. Looking forward to hearing from them.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi ThosA, I've raised the fault ticket for you. You should get a call later today with the new passwords. Please let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @ThosA

Assistance team responding.

I see you need urgent help but first there's a requirement to verify you're the owner of the pipex email address with 5 items of personal data.

I think you may have done this, but just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email addresses affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them)
  • Save changes.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address. The email expert will reply here soon to help with getting you an ultra-secure password. It'll take just a few days to complete.

In the meantime just scan your device(s) with anti-virus and anti-malware solutions just in case. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes