email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Hacking - Need to change Pipex email address password

PGW1941
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 11

Please can someone help - looking a previous comments I am in the same boat - cannot change my dsl.pipex.com password - which I have had for 18 years without any issues - I have been hacked and need now urgently to change my passwords - please respond so I can carry out a change - many thanks

PGW
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

You're very welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Have received a phone call with new password - trying it out now - fingers crossed that it works - thank you for your help PGW1941

PGW
0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Your password has been reset. You should get a call this morning with the new password. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Thanks for updating your profile. I've raised the fault ticket for you. These tickets are taking 7 working days to be completed. Feel free to post back to chase us on Friday. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11
HI
I have completed my profile some days ago but still not heard any response - I looked for an email address to reply to say I had completed this but cannot find any address to let you know I have completed the profile just what do i do
It is not very clear?
PGW1941
PGW
0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi PGW1941, there's no information in your private notes section. Could you add it again and let me know when you have.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

OCE Ady did ask you to post back once you had updated your details, now that you have done so he can move this forward.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11
I have now completed my Profile but heard nothing yet _ is there a problem ?
PGW
PGW
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi PGW1941, once you've added the information from Gondola's message please post back so that I can raise the fault ticket for you. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @PGW1941

You may have received an email claiming that your pipex email account has been hacked.  There is a global scam where people are being sent emails seemingly from their own email addresses (email spoofing) and saying that's proof of the account being hacked. There may be a password included in the email that may or may not be current. Advice from ActionFraudUK.

Upgrading the password to a new ultra-strong unique password is a wise move. To have your pipex email password changed you'll need to prove you're the registered user of the email.

I think you may have done this already so just double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) your name, current address and phone numbers and then scroll down and add all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

• Email address affected
  • Your Full Name
  • Date of Birth
  • Landline 'phone number linked to the pipex email address when first registered 18 years ago
  • Full postal address linked to the pipex email address when first registered
  • Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when available in person to receive the password and speak to the email team
    (for security they won't leave a message with the password and they don't accept call backs)
  • Save changes.

TalkTalk's Community Team will verify the user details recorded for the email address and will confirm the next actions here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes