email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi - my tiscali email account has stopped working - please can someone help me get it back on - ali

Lowac
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Have had email account for years but talktalk have said they are unable to help as I no longer have a talk talk account 

alison

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Alison, can you post back to let us know if Gondola's advice has got this sorted for you?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Alison

No problem.

It's worth checking that webmail is working ok - https://www.talktalk.co.uk/mail/

When using an email client you don't encrypt passwords any more. So, if you're setting up Outlook do not tick SPA. If you're using Thunderbird select Normal Password for authentication. If you're using an iPhone or iPad select Password as authentication.

Let me know what client you're using or if you're using any other client / app.  Some apps like MyMail or BlueMail may no longer be secure enough.

The Tiscali IMAP email settings you need are:

Account Type  IMAP
Login / Username username@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security SSL
Outgoing Authentication Yes

If you need the POP3 settings have a look here