email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move resulted in new account - cannot move old email address to new account

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 27 of 27

My recent (disastrous TalkTalk) move which was cancelled the night before my go live date had to be re-ordered. They could not use my old account so had to create a new one. I've lost my old phone number and it's taken 3 weeks to get the correct bill and my old email linked to the my account.

I cannot now add my wife and kids email accounts to this new account using the online "manage my email accounts". The old account cannot be logged into as it doesn't exists!
Whose account are my wife and kids on? How can I manage their accounts?
What a mess.

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi Richard, 

Please can you delete this message from the public feed as this contains personal information. Have sent you a PM.

Thanks, 

Jo

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27

I did do!🤔 But I've copied and pasted the response again.

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi richardlister,

I sent you a private message on the 25/10, unfortunately I haven't received a response. Could you reply to me there as I'd like to get to the bottom of what's happening?

Thanks,

Jo

Message 4 of 27

I'd be confident that Ady-TalkTalk knows what to do and can liaise with the other Support team members that have been pushing for a resolution for you. I'll push a message into the team workflow and with wind in the sails your orphans will be back on board asap.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Any news on getting my orphaned emails added back to my account?

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 6 of 27

Hi richardlister,

I'll look into this, have sent you a PM requesting for some details.

Thanks,

Jo

Message 7 of 27

The re installed number showed up on my account yesterday allowing me to select boosts and I thought maybe I can now add the orphaned emails but I can’t. 
I still get the “something went wrong please try later message” whilst trying to add them.

thansk

Richard

Richard Lister

Message 8 of 27

Happy to help.  I will see what I can do with the email addresses. 

Message 9 of 27

I've got my number back (as you know @Arne-TalkTalk )

Just need my "orphaned" wife and kids email accounts adding to the new account now and all good here.

Thanks for all this. Not sure why you can perform magic when 3 hours on a phone to TT can't solve things.

R

Richard Lister

Message 10 of 27

Hi richardlister

I have requested an update to see what's happened to the number

Regards

Message 11 of 27

If the number, when dialled, doesn't appear to connect to an end user then it may not be in use. But please don't take that as it being available. The response you've had from TalkTalk indicating "it can't be done" is probably correct as they know the number. But wait for a TalkTalk response here to see if the number is one issued to TalkTalk.

Message 12 of 27

Sorry @Gondola I misunderstood when you said it goes back to the pool after a while giving them time and they SHOULD have done something then. I asummed it’s gone now as I’ve tried every TT Department and they all say it can’t be done. When I ring the number there are 3 pulses then it stops. 
cheers

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

@richardlister wrote: So you are saying it has been given out to someone else now! 

I most certainly did NOT say that. I don't know your former number. I cannot see your Community profile. I don't know who issued the number or where it is now.

I simply explained the process. I understand your frustration. Wait for TalkTalk to respond. I don't accept false assumptions. Period.

Message 14 of 27

The number is in profile personal info. custom.profile.alternative_number
thanks

Richard Lister
0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 15 of 27

@Gondola not sure what u mean about not telling lies? Is that aimed at me???

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 16 of 27

I suggest it's best if you don't tell lies. I said the number goes back into a pool for re-issue and numbers are issued at random (from the pool of available numbers). Why don't you call the number to see if it has been re-issued?  I have no way of knowing if its been re-issued or which telecommunications company the number was originally issued to because I don't know your former number!

You'll get a TalkTalk response here.

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 17 of 27

So you are saying it has been given out to someone else now! How can I get a definitive answer from someone.

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 18 of 27

My understanding is that if the number is owned by TalkTalk then there's usually a period before the number goes back to the pool. This should have given time for the support team to do something about it. 

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 19 of 27

It’s been a Talktalk number since the inception of TalkTalk from Tiscali. I’ve always been with TalkTalk but not for much longer after this debacle!

I’d love to know why it can’t still be mine. But nobody can sort it.

Not customer services, customer retention, homemove, billing,

And 2+ hours on the phone. 
Richard
Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 20 of 27

I wish I could be more positive about the landline 'phone number. If the number was a TalkTalk issued number then it might have been possible. If it's a number originally issued by and therefore owned by another telecommunications provider then, on cancellation / cessation of use, the number is returned to the original issuer and goes into a pool for re-issue. The original issuer rarely offers a service of issuing a specific number on request. Numbers are normally selected at random to new users.