email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move resulted in new account - cannot move old email address to new account

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 27 of 27

My recent (disastrous TalkTalk) move which was cancelled the night before my go live date had to be re-ordered. They could not use my old account so had to create a new one. I've lost my old phone number and it's taken 3 weeks to get the correct bill and my old email linked to the my account.

I cannot now add my wife and kids email accounts to this new account using the online "manage my email accounts". The old account cannot be logged into as it doesn't exists!
Whose account are my wife and kids on? How can I manage their accounts?
What a mess.

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 21 of 27

3 right at the bottom added thanks.

You can’t get my old phone number back while you are at it can you?

It’s disappeared after they cancelled my original home move order. They say I didn’t ask for it on the second order. But I’ve got the recording of the conversation coming as it’s been such a nightmare.

thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 22 of 27

Just be the loving, caring person that you are.

There are no deletions of mailboxes as yet so even though there's an undefined fault the mailboxes will remain active and accessible via webmail.

Add the email addresses to your Community profile Private notes and I'll ask TalkTalk to move them across for you to your new MyAccount. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 23 of 27

Yes did all that and logged into her mail fine.

and yes first part of her addy then domain from pull down.

So how can I “adopt” my wife and kids if they are orphaned?

richard

Richard Lister

Message 24 of 27

I'll assume you've checked that the email address and password work in the TalkTalk Mail sign in?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your wife's email address and password, select Sign in.

The MyAccount error message is a standard default that unfortunately gives no direct clue as to what went wrong. So, just to confirm, you entered only the first part of the email address, selected the domain from the drop down menu, then selected Add.

Message 25 of 27

Yes done that. It asks me for my wife’s email and password but then says “something went wrong please try later”!!

Anything else I can try?

if they are “orphaned” are they going to run into probs eventually? We can’t do with that after not being able to bring our old number to new address due to Talktalk cancelling it rather than moving us. 
thanks

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 26 of 27

Hi Richard

It's always the case that if a new customer MyAccount is required then it must be registered with a new non-TalkTalk email address.

But having got a new MyAccount then it should be possible to add an existing TalkTalk managed email address to that MyAccount using the Add an existing mailbox link at the bottom of the My Mailboxes screen. 

Manage TalkTalk Mail Feb2021.png

I can see that if the former MyAccount login was using your TalkTalk managed email address and that address has been manually moved by TalkTalk staff to the new MyAccount then the former MyAccount has been left orphaned. But it should be possible to move other email addresses over to the new MyAccount.  You don't need to login to the former MyAccount for that operation. You just need to know the email address and its password.

Email not showing in My Account