email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homecall email address access

ZenoxSphere
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Many years ago my Dad made me a homecall email address that I used to use for various accounts before I moved on and made my own address a few years later. I went to log in to webmail as I used to recently to find that it had been migrated and when I try to log in to it via talktalk webmail I find the password has been changed. I can no longer connect through imap or pop3 and I cannot reset the password as the recovery email has been dead a few years and my dad hasn't had the phone number in probably around a decade. We also have not been talktalk customers in multiple years.

I simply want access to my old homecall email to kill off any accounts left associated to it and then deactivate the address. 

Ryan Middleton
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi ZenoxSphere, is it possible to have your dad register on here to complete the security checks so that we can change the settings for you?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

The recovery mobile number is not important in verifying the registered user of the email address. What is important is being able to verify dad's personal details, the postal address and landline home 'phone number at the time of original granting of the email address. 

It looks as though you should be able to pass the verification questions. So, I'll make the request to TalkTalk Support that, post verification, will set you as the registered email user and set up your password recovery alternate email address and mobile number (the Reset details that TalkTalk will request) so you can send a password reset link or code to authenticate a password change.

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile:

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address needing recovery, other notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

A TalkTalk Support member will reply to this thread and then Community Personal Message you to confirm dad's details related to the original registration of the email address.  Just another heads up that dad's details must match what's on TalkTalk's records and they're not permitted to go for trial and error attempts.

When verified the Reset details will be set up during a working week within 24 hours allowing you to set your own password via the Forgotten your password journey. Make sure the password is ultra-strong and unique to the mailbox.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

ZenoxSphere
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

I would be able to provide the postal address of the account and other details but I won't be able to provide a phone number, from what I can see the recovery phone number for the email is very old as my dad has had atleast 2 different numbers since then. I asked him if he remembers one ending in those digits and he cannot. 

Ryan Middleton
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi ZenoxSphere 

The homecall email address will be registered in your dad's name and with his details and postal address and 'phone number at the time of registration. 

Is your dad available to register here to give those details when requested by TalkTalk Support?

If not would you be able to accurately give those details bearing in mind that if they don't match TalkTalk's record there would be a hold on proceeding to setting up password recovery reset details?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution