email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are we supposed to obtain forgotten dsl passwords to register existing accounts.

phlpyro
Team Player
Message 24 of 24

Have been trying for days with TalkTalk support via Twitter and seem to be going around and around. We lost two  of or four email addresses. These are now back via my email reader Mailbird.

It all started when I wanted to view my four accounts on the new webmail server as I had been switched over without warning as emals recieved didnt advise we had a choice.

How are we supposed to register the two existing accounts not listed on "Our Mail box" page to this page. Two are already there but all attempts to join existing accounts to them fail. You enter email and choose .dsl.pipex   it then comes back enter email you want to access flag pops up this address doesn't have a TalkTalk domain. I know that I asked for a .dsl.pipex domain address.

Has anybody else suffered this and what is the workaround? 

Best wishes

Paul

Paul Lunnon
0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Message 21 of 24

I have just realised that the problems I was having for the last few days were part of a two part error on the Pipex system.  I now realise that a lot of us were not receiving emails from the TalkTalk system. I have just done some tests and have proved all four dsl.pipex.com adresses are talking to each other including to my private domain address.

So all I want now is to be ale to view all four dsl.pipex.com addresses on webmail to check the server etc.

Best wishes

Paul

Paul Lunnon
0 Likes

Message 22 of 24

Thanks for the information I am afraid on this occasion I am completely lost having gone around in circles.

So can I start with a question when you say "You'll only be able to add an email address to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount if the mailbox exists on the TalkTalk Mail platform as a primary email address and if you know the password". 

Does this mean that obscured for customer security are all primaries and need to  to exist on the TalkTalk platform. If yes how do I enter them without knowing the passwords.

I am receiving /sending email from obscured for customer security via my mail reader Mailbird etc.are these what you call primary addresses?

Sorry to be a pain but I am totally confused as this has hit me at a very busy time and I just cant get my head around what I believed would be a seamless change over.

Paul Lunnon
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 23 of 24

Hi @phlpyro 

To link this topic to your TalkTalk Mail service, in preparation for direct help from TalkTalk support, please check your Community Profile includes in Personal Information (select here):

Your name, current TalkTalk landline 'phone and alternate number (mobile preferred). Add your full address with postcode (location). Then scroll down to Private notes to add the pipex email address(es), notes and references etc and then save changes.

You'll only be able to add an email address to a TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount if the mailbox exists on the TalkTalk Mail platform as a primary email address and if you know the password.  Managing your email in My Account 

NB in the first box you enter just the local part of the email address preceeding the @ and then select the drop-down menu to select the domain dsl.pipex.com for example.

The mailbox created on the TalkTalk Mail platform will be for primary addresses only not for alias email addresses. Email for alias email addresses will be recognised and directed to the primary mailbox address.

So, first see if the mailbox is already active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and if you've got the right password.

Do you get signed in or is there an error message?

Have you pre-registered the password recovery Reset details? An alternative email address and mobile phone number to be selected to receive a password reset link or code to enable you to choose a new password when you forget the original password?

If the mailbox is active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you've got Reset details set up then you're good to go with changing your email password (select here) via the forgotten password button on the help page.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution