email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can this happen?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

I’m not new here, been on this forum here 2013 but I need help please.  I am receiving emails which use my email address, ie my address is me@dsl.pipex.com and I’m receiving emails from me@dsl.pipex.com,  all kinds of emails, latest today saying welcome to our company etc etc and the reply address is my address!!! It concerns me as other people may be receiving emails using my address when it’s not me sending them. I’ve had this in the past too. Changing my password does not sort it. Looks like I will have to delete my email address, I’ve had it since Tiscali & Pipex days many years ago.

Not 100% happy with talktalk at the moment anyway so maybe I will look elsewhere.

i would just like to know who I can forward these fake emails to for investigation. Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I just want to be clear that your email hasn't been hacked. Harvesting means your email address is on a list. It can be taken or given from anywhere it may have been sold legitimately by someone you're subscribed to, it may have been collected from a contact list on one of your friends or relatives devices, but it's not necessary to hack an account to spoof an email address you only need to know that address. If you deleted the email address via MyAccount it's deleted, there's nothing I can do further to that. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Hello again Andy, I have now read the help info but I meant to say that although I changed my password yesterday and other times also it did not work, despite me receiving an email from talktalk saying it had been changed. I know it hadn’t because I did not update my iPads etc with the new password and messages still cane through.  As you know from my other message I did delete that email address. Can it be comp,enemy deleted by talktalk please as I obviously haven’t been able to delete old messages. 

Thanks again for your help.

best wishes x

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Andy, this is not good news. I did delete my email address yesterday but will now check the article you kindly gave me.  I am seriously thinking of leaving as a few things have annoyed me.  After TalkTalk was hacked I have had various strange things happen, presume this hacking of my email is included. Also earlier this year my value line rental ended and I did not receive any notification about it. The internet service itself is still quite good (although possible not it’s best the past few months)  

I think it is time to look elsewhere. I am not happy about the security breach that has affected me. Thanks again for your reply x

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi valezio, deleting your email address won't fix this. It sounds like your email address has been harvested from somewhere and is being used to send spam. Then can send from any email as any email. You'll find more information in our compromised or spoofed email help article.  You'll find the information in the spoofing section of the article. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes