email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change an email alias

asimov500
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

On the old pipex system I had email addresses, and I could make an alias for each one. I am in Manage Email and there is only an option to change password or to delete.

How do we change the mail aliases in the Talk Talk system?

I have already got aliases I have set up in the old system.

Asimov
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi asimov500, there's no current option to rename and alias and I can imagine we're planning to make one as we're moving away from legacy not toward it. I'm by no means the decision maker.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Yes, I'm aware that the TalkTalk Mail project team have exceptionally agreed that legacy users that have more than the normal 5 email addresses can keep them until they're no longer needed and then they can be deleted but not replaced.

As there isn't a process for renaming aliases the work would have to be assigned as a manual one-off task. I'll escalate to TalkTalk and ask the question.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

asimov500
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 7

Actually I can't delete an email address and add a new one.Seeing as the old pipex system let me have 8 email addresses, I still have them. If I delete any then I won't be able to re-add it, as it only lets you have 5 email addresses under the Talk Talk system.

So a renaming feature would be really handy, as I am not deleting my email addresses, because I won't be able to get them back.

Asimov
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

You can delete a mailbox in your customer MyAccount and create a new one.

You choose your own local part of the email address as long as that email address hasn't previously been created you'll have a new email address for the talktalk.net domain.

Every TalkTalk customer has the ability to create up to 5 unique talktalk.net domain email addresses as part of the package.

It's just the way that pipex set up their initial operation that they created the primary addresses linked to a pipex account and allowed the customer to then create their own unique email addresses linked as aliases to the primary address. So, TalkTalk have had to deal with that particular situation. It'll not be replicated.

asimov500
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 7

On the old system I was able to change my email address too, but there is no change option.

The alias thing is annoying as I have an alias on two accounts, but I am unable to update them if I want to.

It seems I am paying the same, but getting less of a service since the change over.

Asimov
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

Hi @asimov500 

The open-xchange platform does support a different form of alias to the one(s) you have with TalkTalk Mail inherited from the pipex platform.  The TalkTalk server will recognise your inherited aliases but TalkTalk Mail does not have the ability for a user to create new aliases of any form.

Instead you can create a new talktalk.net mailbox so long as there's a spare slot in your MyAccount My Mailboxes. Managing your email in My Account 

0 Likes