email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is talktalk email address valid for after leaving talktalk?

Ladyjane1
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

After many years with talktalk, I am leaving them but would like to keep my talktalk email addresses for a while.  

1.  How long does the talktalk email address remain in operation after leaving?

2.  When should I sign up with talktalk mail plus?  

Thanks for any help you can give me.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Thank you for your reply.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Thank you Gondola.  

I will try signing up just before I leave Talktalk because at the moment it still says I'm a customer and won't allow me to sign up.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

What they both said 🙂

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 12

Hi Ladyjane1 

Just in case, here's the sign up page for MailPlus. When you enter your talktalk email address and password the system will check your eligibility for TalkTalk Mail Plus.

The response will either be that you can sign up to MailPlus (if the email address is active) or that you may be advised that the system still thinks you're a customer because the email address is registered to a (former) customer MyAccount.

If you are eligible to subscribe then just go ahead and choose a month by month or year by year subscription. You'll get a customer MyAccount to manage the mailbox and subscription billing that is by Direct Debit. Managing your email in My Account 

In essence, don't worry because you'll not have the address deleted without notice. TalkTalk will ask you about subscribing and give you plenty of time to decide.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 5 of 12

@Ladyjane1, you can find out more about signing up for this here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/ta-p/2374203

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 6 of 12

Dear Ady,

Thank you for confirming that Gondola's reply was correct.

I did receive a 'Sorry you are leaving' email from Talktalk last week but there was no invitation to join Talktalk Mail Plus on it.  I am scheduled to leave Talktalk next week so I hope they email me again in the next few days with an invitation to join Talktalk Mail Plus. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Ladyjane1, Gondola has provided all the correct information. 

Please let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 12

Thanks Gondola

Message 9 of 12

Hi Ladyjane1 

You may get the invitation with a Sorry you're leaving mail message in the two weeks before your switch to another provider or very soon after leaving.

Message 10 of 12

Hi Gondola,

Thank you for your reply, it's much appreciated. It's good to know that I can still access my emails after leaving.

Does the offer to subscribe to Talktalk Mail Plus come before or after I have left Talktalk?  

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Ladyjane1 

When you leave TalkTalk you'll get an offer to subscribe to TalkTalk Mail Plus to keep your email active across your devices. About TalkTalk Mail Plus 

If you choose not to subscribe and have a mail message from TalkTalk about deletion of your TalkTalk managed mailbox then deletion is after 180 days. After 60 days the mailbox has webmail only access via an Internet browser.

You may choose to subscribe to Mail Plus on a month by month basis to keep your email active in both webmail access via a browser and email app access on multiple devices. When you no longer need full access then call to cancel your MailPlus subscription and webmail only access will continue for 2 years to make sure you've captured the contacts still sending you mail.