email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Tiscali.co.uk emails to my Full Fibre account

beerbadger
First Timer
Message 11 of 11

Hi,

I am new here.

I have 2 Tiscali.co.uk email addresses assigned to a general Talk Talk account, for which I am paying £50 per year,because I was not a Talk Talk customer.

I now am a Talk Talk customer and have just registered my Full Fibre account.

How do I get the Tiscali emails re-assigned to my new Full Fibre account, so I don't have to pay ?

Incidentally, I tried to use one of the email accounts as the login for my new Full Fibre account and had it rejected as 'someone else is using it'.  That someone else is me !

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

PM's are activated now because I have successfully sent you a test message.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hi Ady,

My Private Messages are turned on now, don't know if your manager did it, but it was already turned on when I looked.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi Gondola, thanks for the explanation about Community Private Messages.

I have checked and it is turned on in my Preferences.  Whether it was earlier, I don't know, but I didn't need to turn it on.

Cheers

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi beerbadger 

It's not an email message it's a Community Personal Message (PM). You don't appear to have Personal Messages (PM's) enabled as I've just tried to send you a test message. When these are enabled you'll access via your avatar top right of this page when signed in to Community and then you'll see an envelope icon. Select the envelope for PM's.

Message 5 of 11

I'm sorry there's only 1 manager with the ability to turn on PMs and he's not responding to messages at the moment. I'll get you the message as soon as possible. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 11

Hi Ady, thanks for your quick response.

I don’t have any personal message at the email in my community profile 🤔

Where should I find it ?

cheers

Message 7 of 11

Hi beerbadger, I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 8 of 11

In reverse order, to change an email password if you know the current password you can do that via the MailPlus customer MyAccount. If you have forgotten the password then you'll need to have set up password recovery and the reset details will need to be present and accessible. 

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password

will take you to password reset and recovery.  Let us know if you don't know the password and don't see the password recovery options.

Going back to the adding of your email addresses to your Full Fibre MyAccount. TalkTalk email addresses need to be linked to an active customer MyAccount to avoid the system limiting them to webmail only access and subsequent deletion. You obviously don't want this to happen but I assume you wish to cease payment for MailPlus. 

Thinking a bit more about this situation, it might be best for you to retain the MailPlus MyAccount, so you have full access and full management, and for TalkTalk to credit the subscription back to you. Until such time as the Full Fibre MyAccount does have the ability to Manage TalkTalk Mail.

I will request TalkTalk Support help for this request and you'll get a TalkTalk Support response here from Monday onwards.

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for such a swift reply Gondola.

I can add the info to My Profile as you suggest, no problem.  How will it get actioned by Talk Talk ?

However what does "safeguard the addreses from being limited to webmail only access or deletion" imply ?  I still want to be able to access the two email addresses via webmail occassionaly; although I normally access them via the ios email client or Thunderbird.

Will they remain available ?

I've realised there are actually 3 email addresses and I need to change the password on one of them.  Should that question be a new topic ?

Cheers

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi beerbadger 

The customer MyAccount for Full Fibre customers does not yet have the ability to Manage TalkTalk Mail. So, TalkTalk will need to manually release the email addresses from the Mail Plus MyAccount, cease the subscription and safeguard the addreses from being limited to webmail only access or deletion. 

Then when the Full Fibre MyAccount does have the Manage TalkTalk Mail option you're going to be able to add the email addresses to the My Mailboxes list. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email addresses, full-fibre customer account number and the MailPlus account number, notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile