email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a blocked email adress through to my webmail

Rochelle
Insightful One
Message 5 of 5

(I thought I posted this once but can't see it so sorry if 2 appear)

I have a problem with messages from an email address  that goes to my gmail account not being able to forward (like all my other emails) to my Talktalk webmail address.   I get a Delivery Status Notification (failure) with the error message  :-

The response from the remote server was:

552 5.2.0 OzDKnbJgYgz9WOzDLnX3lM DMARC Verification Failed (TT602)

How do I get this email address accepted by Talktalk please? 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Rochelle, thanks for taking the time to thank Gondola for the assistance. It's great to see the community support in action.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Rochelle
Insightful One
Message 2 of 5

@Gondola  Thanks for the useful information

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Rochelle, let us know how you get on.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi Rochelle 

This is a permanent fail as spam protection has been triggered because Gmail is not authenticated by the originator of the email. This is an example of why you cannot necessarily rely on an auto forward of mail. 

Sender Rewriting Scheme or SRS is the required way to reliably forward mail without breaking the authentication. In essence this is where the forwarder puts the mail into a new envelope and puts that back in the post for delivery. However, Gmail does not use SRS.

If you want the mail received in the TalkTalk Mail mailbox then ask the originator to use your TalkTalk Mail email address.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution