email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage/update aliases for legacy email accounts?

robink
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 5

I have searched the forums and cannot find that this specific question has been asked previously. Here is the background...

Myself and my wife have own own separate legacy Pipex/Ukgateway email address which have both been migrated to the new TalkTalk email platform. Both of these accounts have primary emails in the form of

<6_character_string>@dsl.pipex.com &  <6_character_string>@ukgateway.net

These two primary emails are listed as My Mailboxes on our account (under My Account->My Services->Manage TalkTalk Mail)

We both also have various user-friendly aliases in the form of <name>@ which were setup on the original Pipex/Ukgateway systems.

Now, we can see that TalkTalk knows about these aliases as

1. they work! (incoming mail to the aliases is delivered to our Inboxes)
  2. they appear on the webmail interface under Settings->Mail->Additional Settings as a choice of the default sender address. This choice also appears under the vacation notice option.

However we cannot see where/how we can manage these aliases - the original Pipex/Ukgateway platform allowed users to setup and add aliases to the primary <6_character_string>@ email.

So, the question is...

Is it possible to manage such legacy aliases? If so, how - is it via the TalkTalk webmail interface (I can't see where) or is there some other advanced management console?

Any clarification would be much appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Gondola, thanks for the support as always.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 5

Hi robink, it's great to see you got fantastic support from Gondola. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

robink
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 5

@Gondola - many thanks for your very swift and detailed answer. I wasn't expecting anything so fast. At least I now understand that the aliases we have are fixed with what was in place at the time of integration and that I haven't missed some hidden setting on how to manage them. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi robink 

The master email address is managed via your MyAccount for password change and deletion. Other aspects are managed via the TalkTalk Mail webmail sign in to the master mailbox. 

TalkTalk have linked the existing aliases to the master mailbox.

There is no user management of the aliases. The user cannot create any new aliases nor delete an alias except by deletion of the master address. 

Does this answer your question?

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution