email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up talktalk email and tiscali emails on my pixel 6

adrianjrp
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I am failing to set up my talktalk and tiscali emails on my new phone. Using Google, Blue mail and Spike I get the same message that the addresses are not recognised or thje account details are incorrect. Help

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

The mail servers would have failed authentication on the quality of the password even though that original password was working via webmail / other devices.

Great to know you're back in action.

We do appreciate you taking time out to give us your feedback.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 15

Many thanks for your help, I finally got there and the email accounts are on my phone😁 Still not sure I understand why it didn't work the first time?

Message 3 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

I've obscured the addresses for your security. But I've checked and although active on the TalkTalk Mail platform none have password recovery reset details set up for a password change.

It's quite possible that the password has been checked when trying to set up the email clients and the password found to be weak so authentication is being denied.  Now that's an easy fix.

You should set up password recovery reset details for each mailbox in turn by signing in to TalkTalk Mail webmail. Then, preferably via a mobile 'phone reset, change and upgrade the password making each one unique to its mailbox.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and your email password, select Sign in.

Update your reset details is an option on the main settings menu (triple line icon on the top right header or cog icon on a mobile browser).

Menu options - Update your reset details 05Aug2020

The boxes should contain your recovery mobile 'phone number and recovery email address. Check, update and save the Reset details.

Then sign out of the mailbox to repeat for all others.

Now that password recovery reset details are there change and upgrade the password for each mailbox. You'll need to update the password used for your laptop etc. If one of the addresses is used as the MyAccount login then you'll see an advice message that the MyAccount login password is also synchronised to be the same as the TalkTalk email password.

The Reset your password now button in the help article  Changing your email password

will take you to password reset and recovery.  You can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

So when your mailboxes have an ultra-strong and unique password I'd expect to see the BlueMail or Gmail apps authenticate the logins without a problem.

Message 4 of 15

I am trying to get the following to work; obscured for customer security they are all listed in my account and work on this PC and my laptop?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

And if you've confirmed all accounts are working via webmail and they're listed in a current TalkTalk Consumer MyAccount we should look at why the email apps aren't verifying with the mail server.

The issues then are all about what Internet security apps are running on the 'phone including apps that might be blocking ports or running a VPN or redirecting via a proxy server. You may need to temporarily disable these apps to enable a direct connection to be made to the TalkTalk server to get the app setup verified.

Message 6 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

@adrianjrp wrote: ...Done all that again, and I still get the same message? How come my Gmail and Outlook addresses work, what does Talktalk and Tiscali have against Android phones?

Absolutely nothing. If the tiscali email address is listed in your customer MyAccount then it'll work. I have Bluemail and Gmail and TalkTalk Mail apps installed on my Android 'phone and all work just fine.

Do you think you could please positively confirm that the email addresses you're trying to get working are all working via webmail and are all listed in the currently active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount. Click here to login.

Manage TalkTalk Mail in MyAccount - Confirmation of creating a mailbox.png

You're allowed 5 mailboxes in total.

Message 7 of 15

Done all that again, and I still get the same message? How come my Gmail and Outlook addresses work, what does Talktalk and Tiscali have against Android phones?

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

Is the talktalk.net email address shown in your current home broadband MyAccount?

Check the sign in via webmail to check the password is working.

Enter your talktalk.net email address and its password, select Sign in.

If the email address is listed in your current MyAccount, the password is checked as working then with the phone having a Wi-Fi connection to the Internet, the BlueMail app should authenticate the sign in.

It's an IMAP account connection.

The incoming server settings are:

Username: full email address

Password: email password

IMAP server: mail.talktalk.net

Security: SSL/TLS (check certificate)

Authentication: PLAIN

Port: 993

The Outgoing server settings are:

SMTP server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security: STARTLS (Check certificate)

Port: 587

Tick Require sign in

Authentication: AUTOMATIC

Username: full email address

Password: email password

Message 9 of 15

I have four Tiscali addresses and one TakTalk . I pay you £35 a month for fibre 35 and phone calls. When I enter my TalkTalk email and password into Bluemail I get an Error Sync. failed, your username or password may be incorrect (3010) Email server returned "AUTH] Authantication failed" Edit details . Edit details opens three options IMAP,Exchange,POP3,  

IMAP  security SSL/TLS, Authentication PLAIN, PORT  993

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

BlueMail will setup a talkalk.net  email IMAP account just by entering the email address and password.  Connect your mobile to Wi-Fi to access the Internet so the setup can be verified on a live connection.

Screenshot the incoming and outgoing server settings you're trying. Image edit to obscure the first part of your email address before uploading here. When we get the talktalk.net account working then the exact same settings are going to be set for each tiscali.co.uk account. The only difference being the Username is the full tiscali email address in each case and the Password is the matching tiscali password.

There are alarm bells when you say you have 6 TalkTalk Mail addresses. The customer MyAccount has provision for just 5 addreses. Which means there's at least one that is not added to an active customer MyAccount.

What is your customer status?

Message 11 of 15

Hi adrianjrp,

I can see we've replied on your other thread, please get back to us there if you need any further help.

Thanks, 

Jo

adrianjrp
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 15

I have five active email accounts with Tiscali and one active talktalk account, I use Mozilla Thunderbird to access these accounts on my desktop and laptop.

I am unable to set these accounts on my new Pixel phone. I have tried Gmail, Bluemail and Spike and get the message email not recognised or password invalid. Does any one have any ideas? I used to be able to access thenm on my previous Pixel phone.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 15

Hi adrianjrp, Gondola is a whizz with mail apps if you don't have an active TalkTalk account your mailboxes may be limited to webmail only though. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

Hi adrianjrp 

Doesn't look too promising if multiple email apps for both talktalk.net and tiscali.co.uk addresses indicate the same fail to connect to your mailboxes.

Heads up that orphan email addresses, that's TalkTalk Mail addresses not added to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount, are being limited to Internet browser webmail access and flagged for deletion if no action is taken*. TalkTalk email notifications are being sent.

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus, mail only, subscriber customer and if so are both the TalkTalk Mail email addresses added to your customer MyAccount?  Let us know your customer status and if you're taking a full-fibre home broadband service from TalkTalk. Manage TalkTalk Mail options are not yet included in the full-fibre MyAccount management. 

Email not showing in My Account

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in. If you know the current email password you'll get signed in via this webmail access.

* The action to take to restore email access on supported devices is:

• Add the email address to an active TalkTalk Consumer customer MyAccount
  • If not a customer, rejoin TalkTalk for home broadband or subscribe to  TalkTalk MailPlus

About TalkTalk MailPlus