email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my email account on my iPad or iPhone using the pop.tiscali server.

Jasonryba
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 16

When I try to access my emails on my iPhone and iPad it states that the server “pop.tiscali.co.uk” is not responding. I haven’t been able to receive emails for a few days. 

I havent been a customer of talktalk for a few years now, I was previously for over ten years, currently with sky, but I have retained the tiscali email address. 

Nothing I am doing solves the problem. 

Can you help please? 

Thanks. Jason. 

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

I’ve tried everything suggested in this thread but still no joy with getting my Tiscali emails on my iPhone 6. The issues suddenly started about a week ago. Hope someone here can help as I have some very important email I need to get to. PLEASE HELP 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

Hi leeanne52, please start your own thread and when you do include whether your Ipad is connected to a TalkTalk connection or not. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 16

Have you read through the entire thread @leeanne52, because the topic is actually marked as solved, and should therefore theoretically provide the answer to your problem.

If that is not the case, you would be advised to start your own thread, or otherwise repost here with your response.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

My iPad stopped receiving emails last Monday, same message that others have reported. Interestingly this is not aproblem with my iPone with EXACTLY the same settings. I have tried the help on the TalkTalk website but it still says pop.tiscali not responding HELP!!!

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16

Hi Rebellcatann, there have been some updates to our help articles to help with this problem. Take a look at the MD5 email authentication.  If you're still having problems after running through the steps please let me know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Rebellcatann
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 16

I have been having the same problem for 4 days now. I contacted TalkTalk and got various answers. One member of TalkTalk even told me that it was Apples problem. Tried to get some sense from TalkTalk today. I was told that problem is being worked on and there is no estimate for when it will be fixed. Talk talk tech team leave a lot to be desired. For a start each time you call you get a different person and you have to go through the issue with them all over again.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Great work Gondola. 

Message 8 of 16

...Nice one.  The iphone isn't always the easiest to set up. Great to see you're there and thanks for confrming it's all working.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 9 of 16

That’s done the trick, thanks so much, the older help guide wasn’t doing it for me.

worked a treat. 

Thanks again. Appreciated. 👍🏻

Message 10 of 16

Hi @Jasonryba

Have you read the help guide? The guide to setting up an iPhone with Tiscali email.

That goes though the complete setup of an iphone with tiscali email (but for an IMAP account).

But you want to select the POP account option if what you said at the beginning of this thread holds true. And use the POP3 settings to make sure the server names and ports are entered correctly as in the table of settings. 

The Tiscali email settings you need are:

Account Type  POP3
Login / Username myaddress@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server pop.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security SSL
Outgoing Authentication Yes

The phone does try to guess what settings to use and this is where you need to manually correct it.

Are you now ok with what's needed and how to get there?

Message 11 of 16

I was using a pop server, I haven’t changed anything, it has done this itself. 

I have tried deleting my email account, attempted several times now to re enter my details and every time my incoming server is no longer pop.tiscali it is now imap.talktalk.net. It’s auto done this and I have not selected anything for this to change. 

I cant understand it. 

I have even tried changing my email password via talktalk site, that’s not worked. 

I am pulling my hair out with this. 

I cannot understand what’s happened? 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

I’m having this exact same problem with my tiscali email on my iPad.  It’s been working fine for years but in the last couple of days I’ve had the same error message saying the server isn’t available, so I deleted the account and tried to set it up and it just says my user name or password is incorrect (which they definitely aren’t!).  I’ve tried both POP and IMAP - makes no difference.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

...I thought you were using a POP3 account?

The i-devices do sometimes play games and set themselves up wrongly. You just have to play the game and go round the settings several times to get the server names and port numbers and security type aligned with the recommended POP3 settings in the table.

And for authentication, set that to Password i.e. plain, unencrypted password.

Do you wish to continue with using a POP3 account or are you wishing to change to an IMAP account? Here's the advice from TalkTalk on IMAP VS POP3 and the tips from Apple about setup issues and there's also the full set of settings for both IMAP and POP3

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

When trying this, the incoming mail server host name is now “imap.talktalk.net” and it states that my username or password is incorrect. 

I havent changed any of my settings or passwords in years. 

The host name is no longer pop.tiscali.co.uk, changed to imap.talktalk.net. 

????

any further help? 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 15 of 16

Hi @Jasonryba

Here's a guide to setting up an iPhone with Tiscali email.

The Tiscali email settings you need are:

Account Type  POP3
Login / Username myaddress@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server pop.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 995
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security SSL
Outgoing Authentication Yes

Important: Make sure the authentication is set to password. Step 10 in the guide.

Should look like thisShould look like this Should look like this

Let us know how you get on.

0 Likes