email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access my email account on my iPad or iPhone using the pop.tiscali server.

CotswoldE
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I am having problems with my account too. I have amended the details in outgoing mail and incoming mail ( under advanced] in my iPhone and still no mail.

i have checked all the details against setting up email on my device but still no luck. I have not deleted any accounts just amended the detail to match the info given in the table above. 

on verifying get the message:-

the Imap server “pop.tiscali.co.uk is not responding. Check your network connection and that you entered the correct information in the “incoming mail server” field.

not changed any detail in the incoming mail server field as all were as stated in the table above. 

Any help 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi CotswoldE, there have been some updates to our help articles to help with this problem. Take a look at the MD5 email authentication.  If you're still having problems after running through the steps please let me know. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @CotswoldE

The reason you're having a bit of trouble is that you're trying to set up an IMAP account but you're using the POP server address. So if you do wish to set up the account as IMAP:

Here's a guide to setting up an iPhone with Tiscali email.

The Tiscali email settings you need are:

Account Type  IMAP
Login / Username myaddress@tiscali.co.uk
Password Yes
Incoming mail server imap.tiscali.co.uk
Incoming Port 993
Incoming Security SSL
Outgoing mail server smtp.tiscali.co.uk
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Security SSL
Outgoing Authentication Yes

Important: Make sure the authentication is set to password. Step 10 in the guide.

Tiscali-iPhone-Step10.png

Let us know how you get on.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like (below) to support me . . . Mark as solved (below)  Accept as Solution

0 Likes