cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

I cannot access my lineone e-mail account.

7 REPLIES 7
Nellie1
First Timer

Hi,

I too have the same issue.  I haven't been able to access my emails for 3 months!!  I also do not have a TalkTalk account so I cannot reset my password and need it resetting.  Can you help me too please? Nellie.

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Nellie1

Have you previously set up Password Recovery for the email address? You could use the Reset your Password option.

If not, you'll need to prove you're the legal owner of the Lineone email. Double check that you've added to your Community Profile, Personal Information (Click here) all of the following in the Private Notes area at the bottom of the page:

Email address affected.

Your Full Name.

Date of Birth.

Phone number linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Full postal address linked to the Lineone email address when first registered.

Include your mobile contact number and times to call - daytimes when you'll be there in person to receive the password and speak to the email team (for your security they won't leave a message with the password and there's no number to call them). Don't forget to save changes.

The personal information is used to verify the details recorded for the owner of the email address.

This topic has been escalated to the TalkTalk Community support team and the email expert will respond to you, right here, to help you with account or password recovery.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Give Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Nellie1
First Timer

Hello,

Thanks so much for responding. 

I'm unable to reset the password as I didn't set up the password recovery that I know of.

I have completed as much as I can remember in the private notes as you suggested but it was a very, very long time ago as I am sure you can apprecaite.  Sincerely hope it's enough...

Best wishes

Nellie

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Nellie, I need a full landline number in order to raise the fault ticket for you. You have provided a partial number if you can remember the rest that would really help. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Nellie1
First Timer

Hi,

That is my full landline number.  I'm female and blonde but I do know my landline number - honestly :).  It's just 10 digits in total - 5 for the area code and 5 for the number.  Tamworth is clearly the back of beyond with not many 11 digit numbers.  I have an issue often when I have to fill-in an on-line form.  I get told my phone number is incorrect.  It isn't!  The way around it is to add a '0' at the end of the 10 digits and then I am able to progress on whatever form I am completely.  Not sure how that helps in this situation though??

Best wishes.

Nellie

OCE_Ady

Nellie, I've been able to raise the ticket using the last address and number you provided. It'll be those details you'll be asked for. You'll get a call this morning. Please let me know how you get on. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Nellie1
First Timer

Hello,

It's sorted!! I can't thank you all enough for getting this 3 month old issue resolved for me.  I am very, very grateful.  You are amazing.  So a big thank you to Gondola (Community Star), OCE_Ady (Community Team) and Mona (the lovely lady who called with my new password this morning)!!

Just 3,899 emails to get through - yes honestly, that's how many I have!

Awesome service guys.....

Best wishes.

Nellie 🙂

OCE_Ady

You're very welcome. Thanks for your kind words and posting back to let us know it's sorted.