email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot send or receive messages from my Lineone legacy email account

GillianS
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

For the 10 days I have been unable to receive or send message via my Lineone legacy email address on my iMac. I can still access my emails via webmail (on Mac and iPad), but when I click Get New Mail or Compose New Message, it says “unable to verify account name or password” on my Mac.

I am a MailPlus mail customer and my Lineone email address is listed in my customer My Account.

Following advice on other posts, I have tried altering the settings from incoming imap.tiscali.co.uk to mail.talktalk.net and outgoing from smtp.tiscali.co.uk to smtp.talktalk.net but no luck.  In any case I understand I should get the same result whether it’s Tiscali or Talktalk.  I get the message ‘Unable to verify account name or password’ and have the added problem that my password does not appear in the box (and can't remember it) and I therefore can't save the new settings.

Lineone mail shows up in Internet Accounts. It also shows in Mail Accounts but as ‘offline’ but when I click to take all accounts online it says “unable to verify account name or password”.

I think others have the same problem. Can Talktalk provide a fix? Thanks for your advice

GillianS
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Thanks for confirming the security information. I've checked your account and all is as it should be. There's no reason on this end why you can't use a mail client to fetch your mail. I've stick to using the TalkTalk.net settings from now on just to save you having to change to them when inevitably the older domain settings are decomissioned.

Please let me know how you get on if you change the password and then setup the account in a mail app again. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 4

Hi GillianS, I can take a look at this for you. I've sent you a personal message to get more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Hi GillianS 

So long as your MailPlus subscription payment is up to date then the circumstances you're describing, of being restricted to webmail access only, should not happen. Some customers did get wrongly restricted but that should be resolved. I'll ask TalkTalk Mail Support to check your settings. 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

You'll get a response next week.

The email client settings, on your email app, do need updating. 

You're signing in to webmail via the MAC so you should be able to see the password via the browser's saved logins. Are you using the Safari browser?

Upgrade your legacy mail settings

The Forgotten password button in the help article  Changing your email password

will take you to password reset and recovery.  If you have set up password recovery options, that you recognise from the hints are your current recovery methods, you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution