email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant open my email account on devices but can on webmail

ian belcher
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I recently received an email from TalkTalk asking me to link my Tiscali email to TalkTalk webmail or my access would be restricted. I linked the email account, and now I am no longer able to access my email account on my devices ( phone, PC,tablet) but I can open in Webmail. I have contacted TalkTalk 3 times since Saturday who do not seem to understand what the problem is or how to resolve it. All my devices are showing an error when I try to open the tiscali email account. I changed my password as suggested , removed my email account from my phone, when i tried to reinstall on iphone I get error message " No password provided for tiscali.co.uk. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password. I know my password is correct because it works with TalkTalk webmail. I would suggest when I have linked the Tiscali email address for Webmail, that TalkTalk have changed settings for the account so it cannot be accessed other than through Webmail. Please help

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi ian belcher, if you take Gondola's advice you won't go wrong. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Ian

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer (home broadband) customer? If not then your tiscali mailbox is restricted to webmail only access unless you've subscribed to   TalkTalk Mail Plus to retain the use of a TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address.

The mail message from TalkTalk about limited access or deletion of your TalkTalk managed tiscali email address and mailbox means you must add your tiscali mailbox address to a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus customer MyAccount.

Here's the advice article on  Managing your email in My Account the section you need is email not showing in My Account.  All you need is the tiscali email address and its password.

Manage TalkTalk Mail - Add an existing mailbox.png

You must add the tiscali mailbox so it's showing in the My Mailboxes list.  Once linked to the customer MyAccount you should then have full access to connect to your mailbox via all supported devices.

Let me know if you need more help.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved + Accept as Solution