email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have tried a number of times now trying to login to my account and keep getting the same issues.

Debruce
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

My talk talk mail account has never let me send messages from my iPad. It is fine when sending from my laptop.

I have now tried to delete the account from my iPad and reload it but it asks for a password. When I put the correct password in it says

“No password provided for talktalk please go to mail account settings and enter a password”

When I then go into mail account settings it says 

I have tried a number of times now trying to login to my account and keep getting the same issues.

* When I click the 'Email me a link to log in' and then click the link on the email I get the following error 'Sorry your email address is not recognised. Please try re-entering your email. If you haven't registered yet, register now.'

can someone please help and sort this out. It is driving me nuts

Thanks

V

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Debruce 

OK, good to know that the email access is working via TalkTalk Mail webmail. You can also access that way on the iPad whilst we work out why the mailbox appears to be restricted to webmail only access. 

One reason for a restriction is that the email address is not showing in your current MyAccount. It could be linked to the former MyAccount where it was created.

So, what happens when you go to the MyAccount login and select the Forgotten email address link? On verification of your customer details you should get a reminder sent by text to the linked mobile number.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Debruce
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

I have updated my details as per your instructions and I can log in to talk talk using my email address and password. The address I am using has talktalk.net after the @. 
I assume this is the address I used for my account as I can’t imagine what other address I would have used as this has been my email address for years

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

Hi Debruce 

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by updating your Community  MY PROFILE

• Select your avatar top right, MY SETTINGS, Personal Information, and include:
  • Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add your email address and notes etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

How are you using the email account on your laptop?  Is that via an Internet browser? What is the email domain - the part of your email address after the @ symbol.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Do you get signed in OK? Just need to know that you know the password and you can sign in to your mailbox.

The issue with your MyAccount (Email me a link to login) indicates that the email address you're trying to use to sign in to MyAccount is not the address set as the MyAccount login. Have you forgotten the MyAccount login address?  Use the Forgotten email address link to get a reminder sent to your mobile phone.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

@Debruce, I have moved your thread from the lounge area, as staff would not have picked it up there.

Staff will be back on here Monday to Friday. They will need to identify your account from your community forum profile details. Please add your Talktalk landline number there by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Meanwhile, my colleague @Gondola may be able to offer some advice. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes