email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP email om Windows 10 PC has stopped working

frienste1929
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I have Microsoft outlook on a windows 10 PC.

Has been working fine up to a couple of weeks ago. Now cannot send or receive.

Working fine from mobile devices. I've been through the settings and double checked.

When you test the connection:

Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP):  The connection to the server failed

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi frienste1929, you're in very good hands with Gondola. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi frienste1929 

Are you a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband or MailPlus subscription customer? Is the email address added to the My Mailboxes list in the customer MyAccount? What is the domain? talktalk.net tiscali.co.uk or another TalkTalk managed email address?

Could be that the mailbox has been limited to webmail only access, hence the questions above, or that the mail servers have detected a weak password and are denying access. Equally there may just be local connection issues.

What version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2013 or later? Screenshot the outgoing and advanced server settings and I'll take a look. Image edit to obscure the first part of the email address before uploading here using the camera icon (picture icon on mobile) above this Reply area.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution