email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Blacklisted

Doodle1
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

We sent legimate opt-in bulk transactional email to our customers, but are currently unable to reach customers on TalkTalk. When attempting to do so, we receive an SMTP error along these lines:

554 cm9nec mx.talktalk.net VbnYkFIv5HMIX IP Blacklisted (TT103)

This IP address is not blacklisted by any major provider or DNSPL service, so we're not quite sure what to do next. Can anyone suggest anything please? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Doodle1, it's entirely possible that many customer will have marked your mail as spam rather than unsubscribing from it. If they have we'll be blocking your mail. If you let me your sending address I'll ask the team if they can see why your mail is being blocked. 

You can add the mail address to the private notes section of your community profile. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Hi @Doodle1 

TT103 indicates that your IP address is blacklisted on the TalkTalk Network because a lot of TalkTalk customers have marked your incoming mail as spam.

For customers that you believe to have opted in then you'll need to contact those customers via an alternate way and ask them to mark your mail in their TalkTalk Mail spam folder as not spam. This will notify the network filters that users do wish to receive your mailings for any that have inadvertently marked your mail as spam.

TalkTalk don't do whitelisting so no point in asking for your IP address to be whitelisted because that would seriously annoy any TalkTalk customer that has marked your mail as spam and seen a stop to the unwanted mail messages.

What you should do is make the opt-out very easy and clearly displayed at the top of any mailings. An opt-out should be a one-click easy stop to unwanted mail. TalkTalk customers do have the one click Mark as Spam option to use so you need to make your Opt-out option even easier to use and easy to see.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

If it's a business, are you actually with Talktalk Business?

You would need to use their support services,  if that's the case,  @Doodle1.

https://www.talktalkbusiness.co.uk/myaccount2/

This forum is for residential services. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.