email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imap Password

Oneeasygeezer
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Hi

I've had my Talktalk email account set up through Outlook on my MS365 office account and it's worked OK across my Windows PC's, Android phone, and Chrome Book until three weeks ago when I received notification on my phone that I needed to resync my TT mail account.

I set about re inputting all the Imap settings and passwords but it insisted in having a SMTP password for the outgoing mail but I've never had one and have no idea what it could be, a quick look at the TT support pages confirmed all the settings were correct and again there was no password for the for the SMTP outgoing mail.

I've raised the issue within the MS community and received a blank, so I'm hoping in desperation that someone in this community forum can help.

Oneeasygeezer

PB Frewer
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Gondola
Community Star
Message 1 of 9

Moderator Note:  This is a duplicate closed topic of
this active topic

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Both devices will have downloaded the Outlook app from the PlayStore. This app doesn't connect directly to the TalkTalk Mail platform so sending mail doesn't work as expected. 

Download a different email app from the PlayStore and because I recently tested this app with another customer I'm going to suggest the BlueMail email app. Other apps are available including Gmail which sets up reliably. BlueMail sets up an IMAP email account using just your email address and password and the auto-detect setup on the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

Let us know how you get on. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

it's only with my Android Phone and Chromebook

PB Frewer
0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Stick with Gondola you'll get the answer you need quickly. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 9

Hi Oneeasygeezer 

Is it just Outlook for Android that's not working or are you experiencing issues with Outlook on Windows and on the Chromebook? 

Message 6 of 9

Yes but my account still doesn't work, so I,m waiting for Microsoft to confirm exactly what it is the require to connect my account.

PB Frewer
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi Oneeasygeezer, has Gondola helped you sort this out. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi Oneeasygeezer 

The email username is your full email address and the password is the email password. Same password as you'll use to sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail, same password as for the IMAP incoming mail server and same password for the SMTP outgoing mail server. 

If you need to change the password then use the Forgotten password button in the help page Changing your email password 

The TalkTalk recommended email settings are here Email settings - IMAP & POP3 

If you need anything else please let me know.