email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbox suddenly empty - inbox needs repairing

smrrft
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi

On Saturday my email agent (i.e. mail app on iPhone) stopped receving emails with the message "the mail server 'mail.talktalk.net' is not responding.  When I accessed my inbox via webmail (talktalk.net/mail) the inbox was completely empty and my sent items had nothing more recent than 2016! 

I've called Talktalk on Sunday who told me it will take up to 72 hours to fix!  That time has expired and still no fix or contact. 

My talktalk.net inbox is still empty on webmail (and I know that emails have been sent to me by friends since Saturday) and my email agent (i.e. mail app on iPhone) still tells me the mail server mail.talktalk.net is not responding.

Can you help repair my inbox today?! 

Thx

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

You're welcome. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

That's fixed it - many thanks!

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi smrrft, I've run a repair on your mailbox it seems to have recovered some mail for you. Unfortunately, this is the only form of data recovery we have so if your mail has not been recovered it's lost. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes