email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming email on iPhone/ipad

Lucysson
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hello,

I'm at my wits' end trying to configure my mum's old Tiscali email on the iPad mail app.

I've followed all the settings perfectly, but the iPad (and my iPhone, where I've run the same process to compare') keeps saying: 'Cannot get mail. No password provided for 'tiscali.co.uk'. Please go to Mail Account Settings and enter a password.'

But there, in settings, is the password. I've even changed it a couple of times to see if that helps.

I've tried both IMAP and POP3 Configs, with 'Authentification' set to 'password' as recommended.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you have any advice?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Lucysson, Gondola's advice is always good. Please let us know how you get on. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @Lucysson 

Enter your mum's tiscali email address, select Continue.

Enter your mum's tiscali email password, select Sign in.

Do you get signed in without an error message appearing?

Compose and send your mum's email address i.e. the same mailbox, a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Let us know of any error message, or if mail does not arrive in the Inbox or disappears from the Inbox.

Please confirm that your mum is a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or a MailPlus email only customer and that the tiscali email address is added to her customer MyAccount, My Mailboxes. Managing your email in My Account 

Let us know the above and we can guide you from there. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer