email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming mail is not arriving

Ellie7
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 9

Hi,  I am not receiving incoming mail to my talktalk account.  I have tried sending messages from a different e-mail account and they have not arrived. And I ordered something from a huge internet store and the order confirmation hasn't arrived, so am fairly certain there is a problem.  No changes have been made to settings, internet security or anything else.  HELP please. Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi all, the email admins are investigating the delays on Saturday. I'll let you know more when I know more.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

And notification of the original post for this topic has just been delivered.

Delayed mail 31Oct2020 1

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

Hi Stephen

Thanks for coming on board in response to my SMS. Delayed mail is starting to be delivered. As an example here's a notification mail message sent from the Community servers that's just arrived. You'll see the time delay. Sent at 4.44pm and arrived 9.30pm.

Delayed mail 31Oct2020.png

As mentioned, I'd suspect the MX servers are overloaded with demand. I noted delivery delays starting from 9am today.

StephenF
Community Manager
Message 4 of 9

I’m not aware of any delays or issues that have been confirmed but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an I have flagged it though to see what if anything is down. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Message 5 of 9

Hi Ellie7 

Just as a check I sent an off-platform mail message at 7.29pm and it arrived in the TalkTalk mailbox at 8.41pm so I'd expect that as delays are reducing that you may well have received your confirmation email.

Message 6 of 9

Thanks Gondola.  Will do as you suggest....... and cross my fingers as well. 

Gondola
Community Star
Message 7 of 9

Hi @Ellie7 

I can confirm there are delays to incoming mail from non-TalkTalk managed email addresses.

This is usually due to high demand and the MX mail server receiving incoming mail not being able to accept all mail for prompt delivery. So long as this doesn't last too long then all mail accepted for delivery will be stored and delivered in due course.

Don't make any changes. I have alerted TalkTalk.  Let us know when you receive your confirmation email. If not received during tomorrow come back and let us know.

Stravonian
First Timer
Message 8 of 9
I have the same problem - paid for a concert starting at 7 pm - now getting no emails from outwith talktalk so cannot log in.

This is Dido Harding's legacy - heaven help us!!
0 Likes