email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in spam email in recent days

yentalk
Chat Champion
Message 31 of 31

There has been noticeable increase in spam emails over the past few days.

Numerous spam emails are appearing in my inbox all of a sudden. Have others noticed it as well?

Not sure if changeover to new email system has created this problem.

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30

Message 21 of 31

Yes sadly so. I mark them as spam but it doesn't make any difference and they seem to be mainly dating sites for Russian or Asian brides or Bitcoin.

I never received any spam under the old system, just the occasional phishing email, but this is becoming really annoying. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 31

Yeah they kept coming over the weekend - Bitcoins; Morrisons shopper surveys; "Congratulations , your email has been chosen" says Hopa; and Russian dating agency

0 Likes

Message 23 of 31

Same here, webmail updated beginning of March and the spam started on March 8th.

I had 146 filters set up on the old webmail and it seemed to be under control, I've added another 7 filters so far but still continue to get spam with different from addresses. It would seem TT are using a very ineffective spam checker.

As I was typing this I got another spam mail.

I'm now adding the redirect option to the filters and redirecting them to spam@talktalk.net. does any one know if this works?

UK Old Git
0 Likes

Message 24 of 31

Hi,

How has it been over the weekend, are you still receiving these spam emails?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 25 of 31
Hmmm sounds like you are receiving the same spam as me. If Talktalk don't get their act together on this soon I'm jumping ship to gmail!
0 Likes

Message 26 of 31

Well apart from bringing back the old version I agree. If this is more secure why am I being inundated with spam for russian brides, gambling sites etc. etc? 

And it's all very well suggesting that we report them to the spam@talktalk address but that entails opening the offending e.mail, thereby acknowledging to the spammers that my e.mail address is correct & working which usually results in receiving more of this cr*p. 

We shouldn't need to report it - your useless spam filter should be working properly !

0 Likes

byeck
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 31

In short, yes. I have just been upgraded (feels more like a downgrade) to the new email service and am receiving a lot more spam. I hardly ever got spam under the old system.  Currently I am really unimpressed with the new look. It is far from intuitive not easy to navigate, has pop-up adverts obscuring my actual messages I am trying to read and is clearly failing on its boast of being more secure.  Call me old fashioned, but  bring back the old version.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 31

Hi td123,

As Gondola has said you can report spam/phishing emails here

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 31

I have noticed a lot more spam emails over the last week or so and the lack of an effective spam filter doesn't help the situation.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 30 of 31

Hi @yentalk 

No spam here.

But just a heads up that there have been some reports of scam email appearing to be sent from contacts and giving the appearance of a previously sent email.  On closer inspection the real email sender will be a scammer that has included an image and link to a supposed pdf file. The link will take you to a website fooling you to give up personal data. So beware.

If you do get any of these please forward to TalkTalk. Report a phishing or spam email 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes