Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Intermittent access to email and unable to access Talktalk account

10 REPLIES 10
Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

I was one of those caught out by the Tesco switch off. Accordingly, I set up a new email address with Talktalk. This has worked on occassion but I am not able to rely on it. Also, I am now unable to access My Account, it does not recognise the new email address.

I have spent hours on live chat and on the phone but to no avail. Each time we start from the beginning and the same questions are asked and the same non result obtained. The problem has been "escalated" twice but no one will take ownership of it and produce a resolution. 

Any ideas out there?

Gondola
Community Star

Hi @Foxtrot2

To recover access to your My Account and to set a new password use the My Account reset with the landline telephone number and account number and then your mobile phone details to get a reset text message.

When you have access to your MyAccount by setting a new password for that you can then change the email address password in MyAccount > My Services > Manage Webmail - change password.

Do use different passwords for MyAccount and your email account(s) and follow all the on screen instructions carefully.

Let us know how you get on and if you're still having trouble with emails and we can troubleshoot those for you.

If you do need further help then please ensure your Community Profile Personal Information (Click here) includes your TalkTalk landline phone number and an alternate number (mobile recommended). Add, then scroll down and add the email address to the Private Notes box and save changes. The TalkTalk Community support OCE will then be able to link to your TalkTalk service account and email account.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

Hi,

Have tried to reset password but My Account does not recognise my new email address so I cannot get in to the account. Have updated personal details as advised and also tried to enter my new password, it was rejected. What to do now?

Gondola
Community Star

Have you got access to My Account using the forgot my password recovery?  That's the first step. 

The email address you use to login to My Account is the email used by TalkTalk to send your billing details.  Did you previously update that from the Tesco.net email address to the TalkTalk.net email address?

When you're in My Account you can change that email address you use to login to My Account with the My Account email address and Edit function. Just go to My Services > Manage webmail and in the box it's the bottom line that has the My Account email address.

Add Likes below to appreciate my help . . . and if I offered a solution Best Answer

Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

Have tried as suggested. Am not able to to use password recovery, message says "incorrect passwoord or email". No, I did not change my billing email address, was not aware of need.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Foxtrot2, as Gondola says have you been able to reset the password? 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

Sadly not, password recovery says "incorrect email or password". I am not able to access MyAccount  to be able to change the original billing email address or anything else. At the moment the email side of things seems to be working without fail.

Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

Have now trie 3 times to reset password so as to gain access to My Account. Failed each time due to "does not recognise email or password". From my simple perspective the problem needs to be solved by an administrator who can gain access and make the relevant changes on my behalf.

Foxtrot2
Chatterbox

Hi,

Have now sorted access to My Account. Thanks to everybody for their help. Hopefully email remains available at all times.

Gondola
Community Star

...Well done. Thanks for confirming you're all ok now.

OCE_Ady
Community Team - TT Staff

Great stuff, thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. Nice one Gondola for the assist on this. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.