email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping Pipex email when leaving TalkTalk?

rachelw1
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

Hi TalkTalk, 

I'm moving home to my partner's address and so will be dropping my TalkTalk broadband service at my old home. However I want to keep my dsl.Pipex.com email account going. How can I do this, and do I need to buy any basic service to retain my TalkTalk email account?

Thanks in advance, Rachel.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Rachel, Gondola has given you the right advice. For now at least it's free to keep using your mail address when you've left us. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi Rachel

Quick answer is yes you will still be able to use the email address when you leave.  I would advise you to set up and use a non-ISP email account both for resilience and for password recovery. There are some key points to note about TalkTalk email / webmail.

Whilst the Terms & Conditionsnote say "if you leave us you cannot keep them (the email account and address)", so long as you log in to the webmail account at least once every 180 days then the current practice is that the email account will stay active.  There's no guarantee that the webmail account will remain free for non-customers.

Your MyAccount will remain active for at least 12 months after you leave but then will not be accessible to you.  This means that after 12 months you will not be able to manage the email account via MyAccount although the pipex management options are limited currently. 

It is important that you make sure you've set up an alternative email address and mobile 'phone number for password recovery.  Whilst that may not be possible currently for pipex email accounts it will become possible when pipex email accounts are migrated to the new TalkTalk mail platform.

When that migration happens and thereafter anytime you go through the Forgot my password process you'll be asked to check and update your alternative email address and mobile 'phone number for password recovery.

note: 2.4 / 2.5 TalkTalk Broadband Terms & Conditions

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes