email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Email Problem

Mick-UK
Chatterbox
Message 28 of 28

Since this morning I have major issues with my email client (MS Outlook) connecting to the legacy email account I have had for over 20 years and I cannot even get a ping response from the domain of gotadsl.co.uk

I have read from a TT tech guy the following: Nildram.co.uk, f2s.com and gotadsl.co.uk email domains will remain active for now. There are no current plans to make any changes to how these domains are managed.

If this is the case, can somebody please point me in the right direction to get my @gotadsl.co.uk account working again please as this is my main email account.

Many thanks in advance and do hope someone can help

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

You're welcome Mick.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 28

Thousand thanks Ady and really hope this now finally gets sorted and I can get my emails working again. Fully understand frontline staff wouldnt be trained in this sort of thing and its more of a server tech team issue and wouldnt understand half the terminology being used such as DNS named servers etc.

Fingers crossed it wont be too much longer before this problem is resolved

Mick

Message 3 of 28

I've had confirmation that TTB will pick this up with you. Again I'm sorry you've been messed around. It can be tricky when a customer's issue appears to fall between the cracks of TTB and TT residential. There's no training for the frontline staff at either business for this fortunately we've got a contact who will pick them up and get them worked by TTB as it should have been all along. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalk  Again, thanks for the help & info Ady, the requested info you have asked for, has now been added for TT/TTB to access

Message 5 of 28

Hi Mick, I've not had a reply so I've chased it again. If you can add a mobile number to your community profile it will give TTB options to contact you. It would also help if you can add the email address you want help with in the private notes section of your community profile too. 

Ady

Message 6 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalk  Thank you ady, lets hope this gets sorted because as of today (16/6/21) gotadsl.co.uk still will not send out any emails and its now been going on for 10 days for a simple dns resolve

0 Likes

Message 7 of 28

Hi Mick, I'm sorry you've been messed about by Business. The process described in that email doesn't exist. I've escalated this for you. 

Ady

Message 8 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalk  Below is a copy of the email I had off TTB and you can understand my frustration and how I am now totally *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* off after being passed from pillar to post and all without a resolution to this problem and still not fixed

Dear Mick,

Thank you for contacting the TalkTalk Business Domain Admin Team.

I am sorry to say that you are not a business customer and so you will need to contact TalkTalk For Everyone and go through security with them and ask that they contact us on your behalf so that one of the domain admin team can support you further, be that via email or one of us could call you.

But I am afraid for the time being we cannot assist you until the above is completed as we cannot verify you through our processes. 

If you should have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,

Jake 
Domain Admin Team | TalkTalk Business

All the information they require has been forwarded to TT last week and I've had nothing back from TTB with a solution to the domain failure of gotadsl.co.uk smtp server

0 Likes

Message 9 of 28

Who has refused to support you? Did you get any contact details?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 28

@Ady-TalkTalk  Thanks for the extra information but as previously mentioned, TTB support is none existent to me and they refuse to help because I am not a business user, therefore, I have to talk to the TT support team and they should then relay the issues to the TTB support team, all of this (from my side anyway) has been done but after well over a week now, there is still no solution to this simply rectified SMTP DNS server issue and the domain of gotadsl.co.uk still refuses to send out any damn emails and I'm really starting to get annoyed with the whole problem and at how such a big organisation who splatter our TV's with adverts about their services yet customer support is one of the worst I have ever come across with no respect for poor old Joe Bloggs in the street.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 28

Hi Mick, what you've been told by both customer services and Gondola is right. TalkTalk consumer have no access to TTB email services. You'd need to speak with the TalkTalk Business support team for help although to be honest Gondola's given you the right advice. 

Ady

Message 12 of 28

@Gondola  Thanks again mate for your response, if talktalk were as keen as you are, this would have been resolved days ago and I will certainly update you if/when this eventually does get sorted 👍

0 Likes

Message 13 of 28

Hi Mick-UK 

Although TalkTalk Consumer have your details for your home broadband package there is no link to the details held by TalkTalk Business (TTB) in relation to the registered use of an email domain managed by TTB. 

The TT Staff that support Community and Customer Service that support your home broadband package have no access to TTB customer data or the mail servers of apm-internet that TTB use to host the gotadsl domain. 

In post 2 of this thread I gave the contact information for TTB. If the TTB Email Product Manager or person taking on that function refuses to help you then you must ask TTB for the issue to be escalated to the CEO's Office. 

The CEO's appointed agent will have access to your details held by TalkTalk Consumer and TalkTalk Business and will be able to direct a response from TTB that should resolve the issue. 

I don't see any other users of the TTB legacy email domains saying their mail is failing recently so although it's no consolation knowing it seems to be a one-off issue TTB Support have no defence in refusing support. 

Let us know the outcome. 

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . and to help others Best Answer

Message 14 of 28

Absolutely disgusted with the communications i have had with talktalk about this legacy email problem. It all boils down to a simple DNS smtp server issue which nobody wants to correct.

I contacted talktalk and they said the domain of gotadsl.co.uk is controlled by talktalk business and I should contact them.

I then got in touch with the domain control team at TTB and they responded with due to the fact i was not a business user, I should go back to talktalk themselves.

Round and round in circles for days and nothing done about it what so ever. Paying over £30 per month for this *@#][!![]'#[@#]!* service, I think talktalk should be held accountable for the mess they have made.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 28

Feels to me like a call to TTB is required to find out more.

0 Likes

Message 16 of 28

Created the email account again in outlook using all the new overssl servers and setting the relevant SSL authentications, now outlook just hangs there on sending and after about 3 or 4 minutes, just shuts down. Something major wrong with this gotadsl domain and about time talktalk sorted it out. Thanks again for your time Gondola, appreciated

0 Likes

Message 17 of 28

If you've updated Outlook to use the secure overssl servers do you receive a more informative error message when sending from Outlook?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 28

Hi Gondola,

I've been into the webmail and there is nothing in any directory (inbox, sent, spam etc) and also the recycle bin is empty, still getting the same error as before and cannot send, so I think the problem like you say could well be an issue with the outgoing mail server.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 28

Hi Mick-UK 

If you get signed in OK to webmail and then see your mailbox and mail messages OK but the mailbox will not send any messages then either there's a transient fault with the outgoing mail server or your mailbox is full.

The mailboxes don't have a huge capacity and if there's no space left to save a sent message in the Sent folder then the message may not be sent. Alternatively it gets sent but you still get the error because the sent message isn't saved. So, check the mailbox quota and see if you can delete some saved messages. NB messages in Trash/Deleted still count towards the quota.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 28

Hi @Gondola 

If I click the link in post 4 to use the webmail service of mail.overssl.net and then try and send an email, I get the following error

Failed To Send Message - The following From address failed: name@gotadsl.co.uk

So I just dont get whats going on mate to be honest but appreciate your help all the same because I dont get any help at all from talktalk

0 Likes