email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Email Problem

Mick-UK
Chatterbox
Message 28 of 28

Since this morning I have major issues with my email client (MS Outlook) connecting to the legacy email account I have had for over 20 years and I cannot even get a ping response from the domain of gotadsl.co.uk

I have read from a TT tech guy the following: Nildram.co.uk, f2s.com and gotadsl.co.uk email domains will remain active for now. There are no current plans to make any changes to how these domains are managed.

If this is the case, can somebody please point me in the right direction to get my @gotadsl.co.uk account working again please as this is my main email account.

Many thanks in advance and do hope someone can help

0 Likes
27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hi @Mick-UK 

See post 4 in this thread. The legacy server host names are replaced by mail.overssl.net and that is up and running.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 22 of 28

Well that lasted just about a month and seems to have gone pair-shaped yet again, incoming is fine but out going is a no no - cannot ping gotadsl.co.uk so looks like yet another DNS problem, tried the webmail also instead of MS Outlook and wont send from there either.....This talktalk email address which was once with Nildram is driving me crazy

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Great Support as always from Gondola. Thanks for helping out. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 24 of 28

@Gondola  On the money and everything back working as before, many thanks again for your help

Message 25 of 28

Hi Mick

The DNS records have been restored so inbound mail can now find the MX servers hosted by apm-internet.

Webmail access is via https://mail.overssl.net/

Email client access uses the same server host name: mail.overssl.net

Inbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3)
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Outbound Server: mail.overssl.net
Port: 465
Select TLS/SSL or SSL/TLS

Does that get you back in action for both receiving mail to your Inbox and for sending mail?

Message 26 of 28

@GondolaMany thanks for the information, much appreciated

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 27 of 28

Hi @Mick-UK 

None of the legacy domains have DNS records. We understand that TalkTalk Business (TTB) that manage f2s nildram and gotadsl are aware and are investigating.

For clarification, this Community Email forum is for TalkTalk Consumer customers with mailboxes active on the TalkTalk Mail platform. 

F2s gotadsl and nildram are not currently hosted on the TalkTalk Mail platform and are managed by TalkTalk Business (TTB) but there isn't an effective link from here to TTB to get a quick response on this issue. 

Go direct to TalkTalk Business (TTB) TTB Support to resolve any issues with the legacy email domain. TTB should have a record of the registered user details to match to your personal details.

All requests for support need to be made to TTB.  Call 0800 083 3003 - Mon-Sun 8am-6pm Press # and when prompted select Option 4.  Or email customerservices@talktalkbusiness.co.uk and ask for the Email Product Manager.